Richard Chai Love S/S 11 New York

Such a strong follow up to his wonderful Fall collection, the trousers in particular are wonderful :wub:

Very nice, I love this look.
I like the feel of the collection, the sort of 'mistress of the desert' vibe with the excessive amounts of fabric, but I'm not too in love with the metallic crinkle material - it reminds me of something Ralph Lauren did in a similar material, last summer?
Though it's not too offensive and it makes a nice contrast to the sheer.

in all of these years, i've never understood the way richard chai chooses to present his collections, however, of all of his collections, this collection has the most promise as even without the pattern play, the layering and the silhouettes seem to have found their fashion moment. in fact, some of these looks remind me of a recent paparazzi shot of jessica alba.

jessica-alba-4-435.jpg

people.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like this collection, really minimalistic but still interesting!

I love the elongated silhouette, simple yet fresh shapes and a wide range of textiles he used. I especially liked the first semi-transparent look.

I was at the show..it was simply amazing...flowed ....I really hope more stores stock this collection..

I love it. I love the fabrics and colors and cuts and layering. I am such a sucker for neutrals.

I really like this look...
the top portion especially could look great dressed up or down (with jeans)
but everything else in the collection just seems a bit off with the styling for me...
i'm sure there are some nice separates in here but on the whole it's too much of a layered pajama vibe for me..

the wet-look hair is a bit reminiscent of alexander wang... not something i would ever want to do in real life...

23.jpg

nymag

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it. I wasn't sure at first, but there's a lot of play with proportion, lengths, layers. Just lots here to play with too! The sheer pieces are growing on me each time I look at them.

Im liking the urban tribe vibe with the sheers+palette+layering ... of course I do agree people wont be wearing this looks head-to-toe come spring summer next year but I think there are some interesting ideas at play ... I cant take off those sheer tops and pants off my mind nor the color palette ... it SO works ... I dont mind the shoes either but I agree that the styling might have been a wee bit too much :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->