Rick Owens #2

xing

Reaction score
Moderator's Note:
In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
  • Please stay on topic!
  • Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]38726[/split]

I got my rickowens!The zip was a bit discoloured but everything else seems fine. I think.Now, I'm wondering if I got the right size. Do you think I should go one size down?

Photoon2010-10-31at1103.jpg

Photoon2010-10-31at1104.jpg

Photoon2010-10-31at11032.jpg

Photoon2010-10-31at1105.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i love it too Xing
the size seems fine. i am sure you could have gone down a size but the one you got seems to fit you as well :smile:

Has anyone worn the new sneakers with different sole designs extensively? My old ones are starting to unravel, especially since I brought them to the beach (sand got caught between the sole and tacked part). I'd like an all white pair but I might get the new designs because, lets be honest, the old ones were some of the less well-made shoes ever released (looked great though).

I need to start wearing my Owens out again...

Does anyone know if rick owens will have the smooth grain leather jacket in this style every season? how much do the prices go up? it needs to be smooth grained though. don't like the blistered one at all. referring to the one i've got up there.

Can anyone tell me if the leather of the blistered Classic Biker jackets is more stiff and thick than that of the regular ones? I'm particularly interested if the blister leather ones with the laced arm sleeves is as soft as the normal ones.

I've worked some serious extra hours lately and think I'm going to invest my extra money in some more Rick Owens pieces :ninja:

Blistered leather has been burnt, so on mine the leather is thin and in parts almost worn out, this is a characteristic of the treatment and over time it will wear more.
You should look at his washed leather if you want a more stable leather IMO.

^Thanks for the answer. I have a jacket in blistered leather from another brand and I think they used some thick layers underneath or something because it is very stiff and thick so I wasn't sure what the Ro would be like.
But I'll be in London next week and I'll check out the RO store and I assume they have different versions of the jacket there anyway. I'm not sure which one I want yet. I'm in desperate need of a warm winter jacket actually, but I know I'll end up with one that isn't warm at all.

heya girls, need an opinion... want these wedges... does anyone know if they are an ongoing style/version? I know the regular ones made every season are about 4 inches, but these ones are higher which I love... I'm normally a size 37.5-38 in all shoes (no RO shoes yet so dont know what the sizing's like)... would a size 37 be too small for me? for anyone who has these lovelies... how do they fit?

TIA!

oh pic is from mycolorfashion.com

Attachments

• RO-5.5inch-wedges.jpg
    RO-5.5inch-wedges.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 4
I have them! Just bought them...they are true to size imo...

Wow, these are higher than the regular ones? I love those wedge ankle boots, too. But when I tried them on I thought they were the most uncomfortable pair of shoes ever. I do have weird feet (very small - EU36 - and very wide) but I it had never happened to me before that I couldn't even take one step in a pair of high heels before :shock: But I know it must be just me because everyone else who has them loves them.

That being said, they do run true to size :P

the wedges are true to size this year maybe a tad large but honestly i tried them on and the extra height killed my instep but i always find his wedges awkward in that respect.

Just to echo everyone, the wedges run true to size, so a size 37 might be tight on you if you are usually a 37.5.

I was considering the ones with the extra height too as they look so different but eventually I got the regular wedges because the regular wedges are so much more comfy and I know I will be wearing them to death.

But if the higher ones fit your lifestyle, go for it and please post pics when you do get them!

I have already worn my summer "mummy" RO wedges so much that I need to resole them :D

Thanks everyone for your input... I think I should maybe pass on them for now and try find one in my normal size...

PrincessImp - you find the regular ones more comfy? oooh the "mummy" wedges, you mean the strappy ones I assume? I've been considering those too! are they a permanent style too? sorry to be such a pain with Qs.... I've only recently started getting into RO shoes!

^Yup, the strappy ones, these are the ones that I was referrring to.
I don't think they are a permanent style though and were available only for S/S 09...it doesn't hurt to stalk ebay or yoox :flower:

Have any of you had the new Rick Owens popsicles?

REFEharris-articleInline.jpg

William Duke, NY Times

Dust and Shadow flavors shown.

^haaa is that for real?
got the regular wedges on sale at the hudson st. store today woopwoop.

pic netaporter.com

Attachments

• rick owens nap 2.jpg
    rick owens nap 2.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 2
  • rick owens boot.jpg
    rick owens boot.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 5
those are nice, i especially like the textured leather version. there was a mens wedge he did in rough suede with a strap over the top that i wish he did for women. i'm holding out hope. i did manage to find a distressed leather jacket 40% off which has the look of deep black velvet, its pretty sensational.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->