Rick Owens F/W 2022.23 Paris

One of his better shows in a long time.

The first half is really strong...reminds me of his more glamorous, luxurious collections from the mid-00's (his strongest period).

The second half...when all the color and print and the huge shapes shows up...I start to lose interest. Basically, everything in post #1 should have been the show. Done. Close with those gorgeous capes.

And if only all the models could look as good as Hannah Elyse does here. She reminds me so much of the girls he used to cast back in 04-06 that made his collections look so beautiful back then.

I love most of it. First part is close to perfect, second part has a few misses. Can't say no to Rick's dark space priestesses.

This was a magnificent collection from Rick Owens! It felt a little more polished and accessible than his previous outings, I loved the coats that looked like they had boas or anacondas twirling around the models' necks.

I'm not sure as to what it is, but something about the show feels somewhat Theyskens-esque...

I like it.

I see another regurgitation of his past work. And the fog again...I can´t understand why making a show, when it´s so difficult to see the collection with that damned fog!

great collection, it always takes you away to another place

loved the music as well

Love the almost Nordic fire & ice affectation; some of the clothes are fabulous.

But I gotta ask -- what's with the overlong sleeves everywhere? Was there a flash sale on extra fabric or something? :D

I know I said I was done with him the other day for being an Fing creep lol but the first half of this was so pretty. And despite the fog being in the way I think it made some things look beautifully mysterious. Look 6 is gorg. And the coat in look 11.

2nd half not so sure about. And I don't understand why he is babbling about "value systems" and signaling "moral beauty" in times of menace. I'm guessing he's trying to respond to Ukraine? What does a jumbo pink python leather puffer signal to people? Shut up and go sell overpriced converse.

I agree that the 1st part is unbelievable (reminiscent, yes…) good. should’ve edited the ‘second’ half but still with strong looks and a nice colour scheme too.

those dresses? the highlight of this collection!

It has a strength which I did not expect after the overly gimmicky menswear show, the use of smoke did wear down my patience but I can forgive it because no one does long and narrow silhouettes like him and I’d pick it any day over the epilepsy-inducing strobing effect from last time.

I agree with @dior_couture1245 that Hannah Elyse just steals the show, what a look and what a stare. She brings his vision to life.

The color palette is quite good and gives some much needed zest to this parade of avant-garde banshees.

The video didn’t matched the expectations of the photos regarding the movement for me…
After watching the video, I wanted to watch 2000’s Rick Owens.
The thing that I miss is maybe the movement. Rick is mainstream now . I would say that Thom Browne and Tom Ford are more niche than he is.
Somehow his clothes are everywhere but when looking at this collection, it’s hard to appreciate because it looks static and it was probably designed with the purpose of posing for IG.

There’s a lot of visual appeal but not enough of life appeal…Which is interesting because when he was more niche, his clothes seemed to be designed to be lived in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->