Rick Owens Mens F/W 2019

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Perickles, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Perickles

Perickles Well-Known Member

2. Perickles

Perickles Well-Known Member

3. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

I find it very basic for a Rick Owens collection...I am normally drooling for his coats and jackets...but not this time.

Could someone tell me what that "L.Legaspi, inc. New York" visible tags are about, please? They look very 70s vintage.

4. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

This is quite stunning!
    Even if it’s less spectacular than usual, he showed why he is on a league of his own. This slightly reminds me of early Margiela’s womenswear for some reasons.

It’s like the perfect wardrobe. It’s very elegant, very chic and I can only hope that the womenswear will be that good.

The conversation around Rick has been for quite some time about the show. Now, the focus is on the clothes and in a era of streetwear with no personality or sensibility he delivered.
    The styling is perfect. So refreshing to see silhouettes as opposed to a pile of stuff layered on top of each other (even if JWA did it quite well).
    That’s why RO is aspirational. Even if it’s not your style, you would want to look or to know about this guy.

Flawless. One of the best show of the season so far!

5. dior_couture1245

dior_couture1245 Fat Karl

I completely agree with Lola.

This is a really gorgeous collection. It reminds me of the Rick collections I always loved most - those early-mid 00’s shows (both for his own line and the stunning tenure at Revillon)...when his aesthetic manifested in a more sensual, pragmatic, and grown up way...elevated and elegant, but with a street edge and a believability.

For many years now, though, he’s veered off into a territory that hasn’t engaged me in the same way as those earlier years. Too geometric, too away from the body, too surreal. Sure, oftentimes we were presented with rather impressive clothes from the standpoint of construction and execution, but for me - it was a loss to not have that sensual and pragmatic layer to his work. And beyond that, his show production, in my opinion, was more a distraction that an enhancement.

But, HERE! Now these are some stunning clothes! Those shearling jackets with the couture shoulder! HEAVEN! The styling and casting is perfect, too. It’s just so believable, desirable, sexy, gorgeous...I love it.

6. RedSmokeRise

RedSmokeRise Well-Known Member

Finally some fashion!! What a joke this entire menswear season has become that we have to wait until the middle of Paris to see something great.

Really love the toned-down presentation. He always delivers on the F/W coats!!

dodencebt and Perickles like this.