Rick Owens Mens S/S 10 Paris

i always say this about owens, yes he's consistent but every season looks the same, there's only a light change which gets annoying because it seems nothing new is coming from him. however, i usually still like it and am a fan.. this collection however is just not interesting. there's nothing that stands out to me.

I was worried that after last season's stunning parade of coats this would be a let down, but it's not. I find myself kind of liking the shorts/boots combo for once. And of course, the jackets are amazing.

Always been a fan of Rick Owens but this doesn't really do much for me. That said I still like it... just not really excited about it.

I ADORE, I love the way he played with symmetry and geometry in this collection, I love the shapes and the layers.

Excruciatingly boring

Uninspired and completely pretentious with no real direction except a sloppy sense of drape and cut. Maybe pulled apart this may work in pieces but the runway show is so vapid of any real direction or cohesion and while Owen's may design for a more intellectual clientele its hardly so and actually can be found in any shop on Melrose in Los Angeles. My brain hurts its trying so hard to be something its not.

The models look too normal for a Rick Owens show. The winter show was much more impactful because it had the overall feel. This show looks like mainstream rick knockoffs. The shoes are killer and innovative, but the clothing and the models are extremely boring! I'm very disappointed.

I always love his collections, he's never unimpressive. Something new always coming from him. I love the Underground feeling. Everything is really kick-as$, very serious and holds a certain mystery to it.
Not a single jacket in there that isnt absolutely magnicficent. From the trenches to the ones with the diagonal zips.

Undecided about the footwear.

Rick has never done wrong in my eyes. Another stellar collection but slightly unsatisfactory personally, only because FW09 blew my mind so my expectation was unreasonably high. His footwear is amazing :wub: Love the leather as usual and the apron skirts in variations, love the geometric cuttings and layerings.
I'd wear Rick Owens forever if I ever had to choose one label to stay with

i've always admired rick owens' consistency. he never really "flops." this collection doesn't really excite me more than any other, but it continues to astound me how badass/street this collection comes off on the catwalk when his pieces look so CHIC when most people wear them!
I guess that's one way of looking at it. I'm sort of getting sick of him doing his "thing" but yes, you're right, he does do it well. I really do think that he'd really benefit from trying something different though, and it'd certainly help with the Rick Owens clones situation. I really like boys who wear RO, but at the same time it's so difficult to find one who does it well and, even rarer, who does it originally....

"Rick Owens clones situation"... so true, watching through the whole fashion week, how many time you find something familiar here and there...

A few angular waistcoats that I'd definately wear.
Otherwise I'm pretty bored. And it goes on and on.

Rick Owens: The Designer Behind the Trends

PARIS - Picture a man in a T-shirt, jeans and a fanny pack — is there anything more down-to-earth in menswear? But that image was catapulted into the future on Friday by Rick Owens, the Californian designer based in Paris.

The summer 2010 men’s season is awash with floating fabrics, soft drapes, perforated mesh and some form of “skirt” worn over or attached to pants — all the things that are identified with the Rick Owens label.

“It’s flattering,” Mr. Owens said of the copycats after his dynamic parade of elongated T-shirts, often as gauzy drapes across the torso. They were worn with a new departure for the designer: denim. Its faded blue was the only color beyond the black of a tough leather jacket or white T-shirt. The look was finished off with big boats of boots. But it was the “skirts” wrapped round the hips like expanding fanny packs that gave a hard, street look that was still hyper-masculine. The same was true for the necklets and cuffs, made out of leather and looking convincingly manly.

This was only the second season of Rick Owens menswear on the runway but, while classic pieces like coats were there for the picking, the designer has the ability to create magical realism from clothes that are stamped with his image.

suzy menkes, nytimes.com

Last edited by a moderator:
i am speechless.

i really don't know what to say but the collection is really AWESOME! rick owen never fails to amuse and inspire me.

and um, i feel like that the lace-less astronomical hightops and boots are gonna be the next big thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->