Rick Owens S/S 04 Paris

Flawless-absolutely it was. This is has to be the strongest collection I've seen so far of this week and from Rick himself.

Flawless, well yes, collection for Rick Owens. :woot: :heart:

Absolutely loving it, great evolution of his work. :wink:

I also love the red men's suit, first post, second row. :heart:

i :heart: the red skirt/top with the peach poking out!!! one of my favorite color combinations!

:unsure: i really can't see the absolute brilliance of this collection which actually reminded me a lot of Jean Paul Knott's work.
I liked Owen's colour combinations, but some clothes -first from third plate here- were actually bad fitted.
Apart from few pieces from his light palette -second plate here- this is clearly not my style. :ninja:

and here come the collection + review ....
style.com / catwalking.com
:woot::heart:

PARIS, October 10, 2003

By Sarah Mower

Funny how out-of-town designers get whipped into shape once they reach Paris. Rick Owens—he of the dark, Goth, crinkled layers—has discovered a new, lightened-up way of expressing his aesthetic now that he's immersed himself in this city's competitive fashion culture. Owens cited Frenchmen Rene Gruau and Jean-Paul Goude as the two main influences on his Spring collection. And, though it was hard to trace his new body-consciousness and use of color to either 1950's fashion graphics or 1980's photographic manipulation, there is a detectable change going on here. In place of unrelentingly dark floor-dragging shapes, there were short skirts with floating asymmetric trails and stretch-gauze tops wrapping the breast and torso. Even the designer's familiar shades of gray were interrupted by surprising washes of pink, peach, coral, paprika, pistachio, and aqua.
Not that Owens has abandoned the slouchy, raw-edged attitude—or the incredible washed leathers—so adored by his huge band of followers. It's just that now he's added hacked-off versions of 1930's charmeuse skirts and ultra-refined whitewashed leather jackets, twisted into a tie and fastening at the neck, into his repertoire—not to mention high heels, slicked-back hair, and pink lipstick. Though he still needs to shape all that into a more concise runway statement, Owens is clearly taking this collection in the right direction.

Nice to see this collection again. Almost forget that he does colours too!
:heart:

I sort of miss this Rick Owens. It wasn't over-styled, it was sensual and feminine without losing it's edge and strength, it was fluid, and it was easy. I remember seeing that taupe gown with the cutout sides and open back modeled by Stella Tennant in a Bazaar feature. It was photographed from the back and it was even more stunning than on the runway. The way it exposes the entire back that way and stops just above the a** is incredible.

I have always loved his draping, he does such wonderful, erotic things with it, but I think recently he's been neglecting that strength in favor of something more....I dunno, conceptual maybe? That's probably not the best word, but it's the closest I can come up with. Even though I end up liking the pieces when they're broken apart, his shows have lost their appeal for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->