Rick Owens S/S 11 Paris

lesmoking

Reaction score
This was an amazing show! Rich greens were a surprise. Loved the wedges and layers. Cool headpieces, which appear to be bone of some sort. Very chic, all in all.

170264407-148153ba9c87300068337229c83c5b9c.4ca4b400-full.jpg

twitter.com/MikeNouveau

*dies* It looks amazing. Everything that's up on NowFashion looks awesome, too. Not enough leather for my taste this time around, but every look is soooo gorgeous. (What's up with all the unflattering shapes everywhere this season, though?)

I noticed some unflattering shapes here and definitely at Balenciaga, as well. At Rick, some silhouettes just aren't working for me. I don't know why he would bring attention to exaggerated hips..

Can't wait to see the HQ shots of this show!

This was an awesome collection of Rick's - very elegant and feminine, surprisingly a lot of floor length 'evening' looks that will easily make Raf Simon's attempt to channel Balenciaga's couture shapes look amateur-ish. Lots of backless halterneck tops worn over skirts with origami folds or long skirts with pointed trains. I also really enjoyed the ankle boots with ruched organza (?) cuffs and the hairpins, which (again) channel a subtle Egyptian theme... A welcome addition to Rick's existing vocabulary and a very accomplished collection!

Wow. Incredible!!!

This is exactly what I needed from Rick Owens. I was hoping he might return to something a little more elegant and glamorous, like his collections from 2004-2006. There are some magnificent dresses here. My favorite look is the strapless dress over trousers on Olga...it's so gorgeous. Overall, the proportions are so appealing...loving all the floor length pieces.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->