Rihanna for MAC Cosmetics: The RiRi [Hearts] MAC Collections

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by flyme2themoon, Feb 20, 2013.

1. flyme2themoon

flyme2themoon In other words

rihanna-mac01.JPG

Source: wwd.com

RiRi Woo is going to be a hit, especially since it's supposed to be an improved version of Ruby Woo color-wise (the more blue-red, the better for me!) and formula-wise (matte AND moisturizing, which Ruby Woo severely lacks).

2. rougevalentino

rougevalentino New Member

i don't think i've ever considered rihanna as someone i get makeup inspiration from..
    but undoubtedly it will sell out as nicki minaj's pink friday lipstick did, regardless of how nice it is

3. lucy92

lucy92 Mod Squad Team Leader

why the heck was it online only? did anyone buy it? i wanted to, but it was sold out.

from the dailymail:
    Rihanna's new lipstick for MAC has sold out just three hours after going on sale for the first time.The singer, 25, told herTwitterfollowers that the deep red hue was finally available to buy yesterday afternoon - but just a short while later she posted an update letting fans know that there were no more left.
    '#SOLDOUT!!!!!!!!!! First shipment sell awf!!! Next shipment isn't til June!!! Mac girls gone wild!!!… [sic]' she wrote.

4. flyme2themoon

flyme2themoon In other words

I couldn’t resist. I had to buy it via MAC’s mobile site. Everything was so slow due to the heavy traffic, that I was surprised that I was able to get the order through (after two attempts).

The first release was online & at the Mac pop-up shops at two of her Brooklyn shows. (One of the shows was rescheduled for tomorrow/May 7th.) According to WWD, it’ll be released three more times, so hopefully you should have a chance to buy it. (It will be available again online in June, and at the counters for the fall and winter collections).