RIP Alber Elbaz - 1961-2021

Discussion in 'In the News...' started by Valentine27, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Valentine27

Valentine27 Well-Known Member

2. perhydrol

perhydrol Well-Known Member

Alber Elbaz Dies at 59

from wwd.com

Benn98 likes this.
  3. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

Unbelievable and so terribly sad. He was a voice of reason in a world of chaos, he spent all his life working for others and when he finally got the chance to develop his own brand...

RIP dear Alber.

4. Yohji

Yohji Well-Known Member

No! :cry:

Benn98 likes this.
  5. sixtdaily

sixtdaily Well-Known Member

How sad! RIP maestro.

Valentine27 and Benn98 like this.
  6. gunsnroses

gunsnroses Active Member

7. depordetioz

depordetioz Active Member

I’m speechless, so unexpected:( just as he was finding joy again

Benn98 likes this.
  8. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Omg, my heartbeat seriously increased when I saw the title on New Threads!
    It's just such a shock. RIP. I hope he went peacefully.

He leaves behind an impressive legacy though and his tenure will certainly have a place in the annals of fashion history. So many women to this day still dress in his aesthetic.

Fashionista-ta will be heartbroken, I'm sure.

9. telfeezy

telfeezy New Member

rest in peace omg

10. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

I was literally shocked and teared up when I got the news! This is so shocking!
    And yesterday evening I was just looking for some Lanvin dresses from his era...

Alber was really a great, gifted designer. Even if the word genius can be overused sometimes, he truly was one. His ability to make a shift dress recognizable, the finishing of his clothes and the genuine love he had for women was perceptible in his work.

In a time of copycats, he was really a true original and I think it’s rare to have such a designer. And as a man, he was really humble. He had a wonderful career...

It’s so sad to think that there won’t be any anticipation for his next move and I hope that some sort of foundation will be created to carry on his legacy because his body of work is very much exceptional.

11. annikad

annikad Active Member

Shocking to hear... I will always remember his Lanvin creations that were truly fun and elegant. Very sad, 59 is no age. RIP.

Dior Dream, dsamg and Lola701 like this.
  12. Armani

Armani Tech Support ⌨♥

I was in the middle of talking to a dear friend, got the notification informing me of his passing, and had to stop everything & check this site… rest in beautiful peace, Alber. He was a ray of light amidst much of the darkness the fashion world has to offer. What an unforgettable legacy, ending with the launch of AZ Factory but continuing to live on forever. Still in complete shock…

Dior Dream, dsamg and Lola701 like this.
  13. GreyVetiver

GreyVetiver Active Member

Way too soon. This really breaks my heart. His early Lanvin collections were the reasons that got me interested in fashion. :cry:

dsamg, annikad and Lola701 like this.
  14. THD96

THD96 Well-Known Member

Rest in peace my dear Albert. So Soon, so suddenly.

His clothes I still cherish, each collections feel like lullabies. Sweet, calming and beautiful. In an era of extravaganza and experimental his clothes standout because it was elegant and glamour and truly feminine. His humble personality and his love for women are so pure that make he so beloved by everyone.

15. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

What?! No! I refuse to believe this, what a shock.

Alber, may you rest in peace. Your work was everything to a generation of fashion lovers, and you will forever remain in our hearts.

16. mistress_f

mistress_f Hell on Heels

this is so shocking. I didn't even know he was sick, he was posting joyfully on instagram till a while ago. i loved him so much, this is so sad.

17. bc collector

bc collector Well-Known Member

As cheesy as this may sound, it's always the best who leave first.
    I feel the ever shrinking pool of real couturiers (because this is what Alber was by method, even if he only did RTW - same as Alaia) is becoming like an endangered species of sort, in a world dominated by marketers /designers.
    I will miss not only his work, which has already secured a safe position in every fashion museum worth the name, but also his wit and articulate-ness, another rare feature in the puppet-like corporate environment that fashion has become.

18. [Piece Of Me]

[Piece Of Me] Well-Known Member

This is so shocking, I just saw Lucy Liu's Instagram post and thought she was just doing a throwback or something. Never expected to read this news underneath the picture :cry: He was such an important and influencal voice in fashion and always seemed like such a normal, down to earth person.

19. susseinmcswanny

susseinmcswanny Well-Known Member

I can’t even think straight :cry: this is the some of worst news that could come right now. So shocking. I was just thinking about how he was one of the few people who could make me feel something in fashion. He was a real couturier with a unique perspective and was always true to himself. And to think he was finally getting his chance to create for himself. His legacy is truly historic and he will never EVER be forgotten. RIP Alber :heart:

20. VogueDisciple93

VogueDisciple93 Active Member

This is devastating! We lost a legend. I pray for his family and loved ones. RIP Alber.