RIP Daul Kim

Discussion in 'The ETC's of the Modeling World' started by jacquelineo, Nov 19, 2009.

1. delphine

delphine New Member

only 20 years... so so sad.. rip.

2. simplylovely

simplylovely Active Member

My condolences and best wishes goes out to her family! R.I.P. Daul! <3

3. NakedIfIWantTo

NakedIfIWantTo on the come up

oh I never really got to know this girl, but it haunts me to see now that she basically had the same mentality as me.

4. stephanie_bond15

stephanie_bond15 New Member

i have looked through this thread quite alot but wonder if her April 2007 post has been quoted..

5. evenodd

evenodd New Member

Im not sure if this has been posed but it was a comment on a posting a while back:

"I lived in South Korea for four years and recently returned. I was in Korea during the suicide of three famous actresses, one famous actor, the ex-president and numerous other lesser known people such as students with poor exam results and even a woman on my boyfriend's apartment complex who jumped from her window as we slept due to stress. I can honestly say that suicide there is a HUGE problem. Even in 2009, it is still deemed by most Koreans as the respectful way to die and carries some honour with it strangely enough. As this happened in overseas in Paris to a more internationally known Korean maybe the government there will do a little more to try to curb this sad trend."

the link was: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1229497/Topshop-model-Daul-Kim-dead-apparent-suicide-Paris-apartment.html

The main part that caught my eye was "Even in 2009, it is still deemed by most Koreans as the respectful way to die and carries some honour with it strangely enough".

6. simplylovely

simplylovely Active Member

Awe, poor soul! I wish she could have sought help if her death turns out to be suicide.

7. misspistol

misspistol Active Member

Is there any indication it wasn't suicide?!

8. yourbestfriend

yourbestfriend princely

I feel like Daul has grown up her whole life knowing she was different than most. Though when I say different my own perception is positive but to much of society different is foreign and threatening. Becuase of this I feel like Daul was too much of her own person to ever give that up, too much of an individual, and too close and introspective to her true self to ever let herself conform to the desires of society. It's too easy to do that. It's harder to be on your own and honest with yourself. Daul never belonged anywhere concrete. She lived in a constant limbo between the reality she knew and the reality that everybody else seemed to believe. My interpretation of her at least. But what do I know? I didn't know her. I can only make my own assumptions from what I've perceived. Regardless, she was special.

#528 yourbestfriend, Nov 21, 2009
    Last edited by moderator : Nov 22, 2009
  9. jjbunny79

jjbunny79 New Member

i feel terrible about the whole thing, with my other favourite model Ruslana Korshunova passed way for like a year or so, this news does arrive my doorstep in a really bitter way.

R.I.P Daul, we will always miss you, life would be better for you now and you will never be alone.

10. WerbowyStegner

WerbowyStegner New Member

:(
    I'm still pretty shocked :cry:
    It just goes to show .. no matter what type of body you have or what life you lead , how many friends you have.. you arent guarenteed happiness. :cry:
    I often here a lot of my peers say , "I'd be so much happier if I had a models body .. longer legs , clearer skin etc" .. obviouslly it doesnt guarantee hapiness.. it all goes back to the saying "we always want what we don't have"

Daul.. :cry:

11. michyed

michyed THE STRANGER

R.I.P. Daul, you are very beautiful and you will be missed dearly.

12. ysljunkie

ysljunkie New Member

It's horrible, just to think about it. rip.

13. Shunichiro

Shunichiro Active Member

Paying my respects in the only way I can:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I did these two sketches last night based on her recent editorials. Mixed media with pencils, cartoon markers and oil pastels.

She left behind a legacy of beautiful pictures so we can remember her the way she was.

While I was browsing through pictures I'd draw, I noticed how sharp eyes she had. As someone mentioned earlier, those who are sensitive are hurt by the world most.

14. WerbowyStegner

WerbowyStegner New Member

^Those are really really beautiful love xx I especially love the second one! :heart:
    karma !!
    ps:

15. fantaisland

fantaisland New Member

I still can't believe she's gone.
    She will definitely be remembered not only as a model, but a very intelligent individual.
    May you find your happiness, Daul.

16. p_s.

p_s. New Member

rest in peace

17. loonaka

loonaka New Member

18. Style Savvy

Style Savvy Well-Known Member

R.I.P. Daul.:|

19. anik

anik New Member

I still can't believe it,she'll be missed!Love her!:cry:

20. Fidelity

Fidelity New Member

So sad. I was shocked when I read it at first. RIP Daul.