RIP Daul Kim - 1989-2009

WOw that really sucks you know that. I wonder what the purpose was behind that. :angry:

^Yea.. um is Daul still alive? No I know its not funny at all but still.. who has her password? :l

I just realised that despite Daul not being the top asian ruwnay model she achieved ALOT more than other asian models in print work / commercials :flower:

She was in Christopher Kane , Chanel and Richard Nicholl videos/commercials
She was in

British Vogue..
Paris Vogue
Vogue Nippon
V..
Russh..

:cry:

I miss her already *sigh* I know theres no point of repetitively posting but still .. :heart:

This is such a tragedy!I cannot believe I didn't hear of this until today! RIP Daul Kim, a true loss :(:(:(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..... I am so sad!!!!! :cry::cry::cry:

style

Rest in place, Daul. We will never forget you and your lovely smile.

I don't understand why her blog is blocked now. I hope it doesn't stay like that permanently.

Korean entertainment is by far the cruelest I've seen. The fans are very obsessive and the smallest thing you do wrong and they all want you to simply disappear. There has many reported high-profile suicides this year alone in Korea because of extreme pressure of the people/fans. Plus, Daul Kim hated the pressure of Korea, that's why she loved Paris.

Few months ago there was a Korean celebrity who made a simple joking comment in myspace saying "Korea is gay, I don't want to go there" a few years ago and it was leaked just now and there was a petition entitled "Jae-Bom Please Commit Suicide" and they literally forced him to leave Korea and go back to America. Korean fans can be the nastiest people you can ever meet, or the nicest....

I had to reply to this, because I've been following Jaebeom's case since the beginning, and it still saddens me to know how he just got pushed out of the country like that. I mean, I wrote that like 4 years ago, and they still wont forgive him! There have been bigger scandals than that, in my oppinion, and just to cast him out of his own life, and I fear sometimes that his future might not be so safe.

Is her blog moderated by someone from her agency or something? ...

Maybe the police are investigating the blog, and asked Blogger to close it for some reason :unsure: Or maybe a friend/bf had the password and closed it for privacy?

Her Seoul agency's website has been down since the news broke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Model Liu Wen wrote about Daul on her blog :(
演出结束时,美国的经纪人跟我说:Daul Kim(金多郁)在巴黎自杀了!
之前曾经跟她有过合作。同为东方面孔互相看着都觉得很亲切!
本来以为年轻什么都不怕,忽然已经阴阳两隔,很是悲哀!
愿她一路走好,在天堂中安息!
4c56dd36g78e28cfbf6d7&690

与Daul Kim合影于2008年美国设计师协会(CFDA)暨《Vogue》时尚基金颁奖典礼-纪念逝去的同行朋友
同时感谢一下关心问候我的朋友们
我会茁壮坚强很好美丽地继续活的好好的。
source blog.sina.com.cn/modelliuwen

omg that's what she's called in Chinese? girl even had depression written in her name.
I just bought the new RUSSH...

I really hope that her blog will be only closed temporarily.
Daul had left but we will always have her printworks and her blog to remind us how beautiful a person she was.
Please don't take that away from us too.

^Can someone PLEASE translate I cant read a thing.. :(

Roughly, it goes somewhat like this. Sorry if my translation skills aren't very good :doh::

"After the VS show, an American agent told me about Daul's suicide in Paris (Daul's translated name in Chinese literally means "lots of sadness").

I had worked with her before. We are both Asians, so I felt pretty close to her.

Before I believed that being young means not fearing anything, but now I see the vulnerability of life. This is very sad.

Rest in Peace.

This is a photo I took with her in 2008 at the CFDA awards.

I also want to thank my friends who have been asking me how I am after this incident. I will continue to live happily."

Late Model Kim Daul's Battle with Loneliness

2009112300990_0.jpg
Kim Daul
The model Kim Daul was found dead in her apartment in Paris on Thursday last week, after what has now emerged was a long battle with loneliness and depression.

Kim started modeling at the age of 13 and was picked as one of the top 10 models to watch by New York Magazine in 2009. She also won fashion model award at the 2009 Asia Model Festival Awards.

While she was loved and praised by world class designers around the globe, behind the runway, she felt increasingly isolated.

According to the cable channel FashionN, which made a special tribute program to Kim, hers was a lonely struggle in an intensely competitive world. In interviews with FashionN since 2008, Kim said, "I'm always overwhelmed by the tight show schedules. One day I had to run constantly for auditions from 7 a.m. until midnight on a rainy day. The pressure of the runway is quite difficult to deal with."

In an interview on Olive Show, a talk show about fashion and style on the cable channel Olive, Kim also talked about misunderstandings that happened due to her not-so-fluent Korean because she went to elementary and middle school in Singapore, and the trouble she had at the beginning of her career because she was "different." "I was always the troublesome one. Nobody understood me. I was a loner at school," Kim reflected.

But it is unlikely that Kim's confession will be aired. According to a FashionN spokesman, Kim's family wishes to bid farewell to her quietly, so the program might be cancelled.
chosun

Sounds like maybe her parents could be behind her blog being closed.

Sounds like maybe her parents could be behind her blog being closed.

Well, if that's her parents' wish, we would certainly respect and understand that.It's just a pity that we are not allowed to read her blog anymore. I, for one, constantly reads it. I just hope that they do not close it, maybe they should be monitoring the comments made.

I would be sad that her blog is closed - I felt that her thoughts and musings were her legacy in a way, they showcase what a wonderful, deep and introspective mind she had, and share her often extremely profound and heartbreaking thoughts.

Many times, much of what she wrote resonated with me on the level of poetry and carthasis, it would be a shame for her beautiful words and thoughts to be closed off from the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->