RIP Whitney Houston - 1963-2012

Whitney HoustonFound Underwater

Whitney Houston was found in the bathtub of a Beverly Hills hotel yesterday ... with her face underwater ... people close to Whitney tell TMZ.

According to our sources, her stylist, hairdresser and two bodyguards were among the people in the room at the time. We're told they became worried about Whitney because she had been in the bathroom for over an hour and it was time to start getting ready for the Clive Davis party.

Our sources say they began to knock on the door and there was no answer. We're told the hairdresser, who is female, went in to check on Whitney. She immediately screamed and, according to our sources, one of the bodyguards came running in and pulled her out of the tub.

We're told Whitney's face was below the water and her legs were up ... like she had slid down the back of the tub.

According to our sources, her body was very cold and the bodyguard attempted CPR. That's when hotel security was called.

Paramedics arrived shortly thereafter, but Whitney was pronounced dead at 3:55 PM

TMZ

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I still can't believe she's dead. It just doesn't even taste right in my mouth when I say it. Makes no sense.

And now hearing how she was found...I really hope it wasn't a suicide.
I still think it was something "natural" like cardiac arrest, a pulmonary embolism or cerebral embolism, a hemorrhagic stroke, or an aneurysm. Something that strikes fast and kills instantly. It happens all the time, especially to people in Whitney's age group.

I still can't believe she's dead. It just doesn't even taste right in my mouth when I say it. Makes no sense.

And now hearing how she was found...I really hope it wasn't a suicide.
I still think it was something "natural" like cardiac arrest, a pulmonary embolism or cerebral embolism, a hemorrhagic stroke, or an aneurysm. Something that strikes fast and kills instantly. It happens all the time, especially to people in Whitney's age group.

If she was found like that in the bathtub it could be a number of things. It could have maybe even been a seizure or something. Jeez, I can't stop listening to her music right now. : (

IDK why but I feel like it's so eery that so many others were in the hotel room at the time. Not that they would have been able to hear her necessarily but just that if she wouldn't have been in the bathroom that she maybe could have been saved.

it's just unbelievable. there were an average 2.8 million tweets per hour about whitney all last night since the news broke.

in Dubai - they organized the city fountains into a lovely tribute.

OMG! That is stunning! Thank you for posting it. Her soul was in her voice and somehow that's what makes it so sad. But that's a lovely tribute to Whitney.

I was so shocked to hear this news today... very sad. :( Rest in peace.

I was really sad this morning... and i'm still going through it... I just can't believe it... i think that we all did kind of growing up with her music. And that will be forever for us.

I think that here voice will be forever above all of her problems.

RIP Whitney We will always love you

That Dubai tribute is lovely. It's so surreal that the Grammy's are tonight. :(

News about how her daughter is handling it:

Bobbi Kristina Brown Hospitalized Twice After Suffering Breakdown Over Mother's Death

Bobbi Kristina Brown, Whitney Houston's only child with singer Bobby Brown, has been so distraught over her mother's death she's been hospitalized twice since Saturday afternoon.

On Saturday night Bobbi Kristina was taken to Cedars-Sinai hospital around 11pm because she was "hysterical, exhausted and inconsolable," according to a source speaking with gossip site TMZ. She was not transported via ambulance. On Sunday morning she was again rushed to the hospital, but this time she was taken from her room at the Beverly Hilton hotel (where her mother died less than 24 hours earlier), on a stretcher and taken away in an ambulance. So far all that's known is that medical personnel were called to the room. No other information about the second hospital visit has surfaced.

Bobbi Kristina, 19, was in the lobby of the Beverly Hilton hotel around the time Houston was pronounced dead (3:55pm on Saturday). Houston was discovered partially submerged in the bathtub in her room. According to a source speaking to People magazine, Bobbi broke down as medical personnel rushed into the room.

"She was screaming, 'What's wrong with her? What's wrong with her?," the source said.

We'll look for more as the story develops.
zimbio

It's a tribute to her song but not for her death, the video was taken months ago, but it's absolutely stunning! such powerful song!

Rest in peace Whitney :(

Some celebrity reactions from Entertainment Weekly:

Oprah Winfrey: To me Whitney was THE VOICE. We got to hear a part of God every time she sang. Heart is heavy, spirit grateful for the GIFT of her.

Dolly Parton: Mine is only one of the millions of hearts broken over the death of Whitney Houston. I will always be grateful and in awe of the wonderful performance she did on my song, and I can truly say from the bottom of my heart, “Whitney, I will always love you. You will be missed.

Sharon Osbourne: Clive Davis Grammy party..not going. Mark Burnett party..not going. Can’t celebrate tonight when one of the greatest voices ever is dead.

Chaka Khan: I’m speechless…I’m in shock right now. Just pray for her and the family.

Ricky Martin:
RIP Whitney Houston. Sending my love and deepest condolences to her family and friends. Fly Whitney Fly

Mariah Carey: She will never be forgotten as one of the greatest voices to ever grace the earth.

Bette Midler: Please, please someone tell me it’s not true…

Rihanna:
No words, just tears.

Wyclef Jean: This is the saddest thing I’ve ever had to write in my life, R I P to one of the greatest humans that I have ever known Whitney Houston

Queen Latifah: Oh Dear Lord! Huritng so Bad!!! MY Sister Whitney!!!!!!! Newark please Pray!!! World Please Pray!

Paula Abdul:
I am devastated. I am absolutely devastated at the news about Whitney Houston. Such a tragic, tragic loss.

Christina Aguilera: We have lost another legend.

Nick Cannon: To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.. RIP to Whitney Houston a true queen.

Tony Bennett: It’s a tragedy. Whitney Houston was the greatest singer I’ve ever heard and she will be truly missed.

Forest Whitaker: May gods breath surround you, Whitney. And may you be held in the arms of the angels. Please, pray to comfort all those who hold her dear

will.i.am: I’m so sad…whitney houston was so kind, sweet, wonderful, amazing, talented, and a true gift to the world

Marlee Matlin: So sad. I recall seeing Whitney chat with Michael Jackson at Sammy Davis Jr.’s house for his 60th anniversary party. All talented, all gone.
Sherri Shephard: Goodnight Everybody. I’m going to tuck my son into bed and sing “Yes Jesus Loves Me”… I’m no Whitney Houston, but love is on my mind.

Ellen DeGeneres: Very sad news about Whitney. My heart and prayers go out to her daughter and family.

Jessica Simpson: I found my voice singing Whitney Houston’s music. Today I lost my idol.

Simon Cowell: I am so sad to hear about Whitney. We have lost one of the greatest singers of all time.

Bret Michaels: My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of Whitney Houston. A legend with the voice of an angel, she will be missed.

Adam Shankman: I choreographed I’m your baby tonight miss you angel

Kelly Osbourne: Not going to any pre grammy parties as i dont feel it is appropriate!

David Boreanaz: R.I.P. Whitney Houston. Sing among the Angels forever and ever.

Elizabeth Banks: Wow. RIP Whitney Houston. Grew up on her. She contributed to the soundtrack of many of my 12-year old sleepover parties.

Edgar Wright: Rest In Peace, Whitney Houston.

Alicia Keys: I feel sick.... Life is precious, we are fragile souls. Let's love each other! I miss you beautiful Whitney, the whole world misses you!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the osbornes should have ommited the comments of the partys, but well each expresses therselves differently

There are some amazing photos of Whitney on Getty. She always was a natural beauty.

NEWARK, NJ - CIRCA 1979: A Young Whitney Houston is pictured circa 1979 in Newark, New Jersey. (Photo by Bette Marshall/Getty Images)

gettyimages

Attachments

• 138784751.jpg
    138784751.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 138801286.jpg
    138801286.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 138801291.jpg
    138801291.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 138801292.jpg
    138801292.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 2
She really was! I was watching Waiting to Exhale just a few weeks ago and she is just drop dead gorgeous in that movie!

From CNN.com

No 'signs of trauma,' but few other details on Whitney Houston's death
By Michael Martinez and Greg Botelho, CNN
updated 10:48 PM EST, Sun February 12, 2012

Questions swirled Sunday about what caused iconic singer Whitney Houston's sudden death, with authorities offering little information at a time when many were still struggling to come to groups with the news.

While an autopsy was complete as of late Sunday afternoon, Assistant Chief Ed Winter of the Los Angeles County Coroner's office said it could take six to eight weeks before the results are in on toxicology and other tests.

"There was no visible signs of trauma, and foul play is not suspected at this time," Winter said, adding that "the cause of death right now is deferred."

More official details on the investigation aren't expected to surface anytime soon, after the Beverly Hills, California, police department was granted a "security hold." Common in high-profile cases, this puts limits on what can be revealed about a probe.

Authorities have said that police and fire officials were called to Houston's room at the Beverly Hilton Hotel at 3:43 p.m. Saturday after her bodyguard found her unconscious body in a bathtub.

Winter, from the coroner's office, said Houston was removed from the tub before paramedics performed CPR. She was pronounced dead at 3:55 p.m.

Pill bottles were found at the scene, entertainment news website TMZ reported, citing "informed sources." CNN could not immediately confirm the TMZ report and Winter declined to comment.

Whatever the exact cause, the grief about the death of Houston -- whose soaring voice and enormous talent were clouded in recent years by her battles with drug addiction -- was evident Sunday at the 54th annual Grammy awards show, which is typically the biggest night on the music industry's calendar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertHilbert
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->