Robert Wun Haute Couture F/W 2024.25 Paris

Robert used to have cerebral concepts that really carried. But I think he's more about PR placements now, or his team has shifted him towards that for more exposure. Now it feels forced, and while he is a good designer his collections seem to lack the enthusiasm of his past work, even dating back to when he was a fashion design student.

His energy was different then. Through social media we conversed because his work was so fresh, but overtime he drifted and by the looks of this collection, his concepts have as well. I think the pushed too hard for big celeb placements, when those things are rushed in today's digital landscape, you burn out quick - if not as a designer first, before being played out to your audience. Not sure who his customer is, overall, and Couture is your high point. Not sure this can be distilled down to RTW, which is very important for designers of our current age.

Seems like he’s gunning to be the next JPG collaboration appointment with many of these looks.

I’ve always found his design approach a bit disorientating. I can rarely find a good through line with it all and there’s the tendency to jam a lot into one look so it kind of looks a bit AI generated. Just needs to chill out a bit, and also let things be as opposed to pushing something further to the point of absolute excess.

90% of the hats are unnecessary and push the monochrome looks into upscale Christian Siriano territory... I can't think of any event with a black tie formal dress code where people would wear evening gowns with wool felt hats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->