Roberto Cavalli F/W 2019.20 Milan

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Feb 23, 2019.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

3. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

4. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

I see some cool Alaia dresses...
    Cavalli is an attitude. No matter how colorful the clothes are, if you don’t get the attitude, you won’t be able to deliver the clothes.

5. dfl-001

dfl-001 Well-Known Member

I like the men's wear here, the women's seems an after thought, only a few dresses I like.

6. tricotineacetat

tricotineacetat Well-Known Member

It's clear that Paul Surridge is a good designer, he knows how to cut which isn't much of a surprise with his background at Zegna and Jil Sander. His dresses are also looking increasingly more confident, which is something that most suiting-specialized designers (Jil Sander, Helmut Lang, Hedi Slimane & Raf Simons) usually struggle with. Nonetheless, his placement at Cavalli remains odd, and while his eye for proportion is surgically precise, it misses the latin heat and sensuality that so much defines the DNA of Roberto Cavalli.

If the acquisition of the brand by Philipp Plein indeed comes to happen, I see his days at the house numbered - I wouldn't mind it, since his talent would shine much more elsewhere (I throw im in as another possibility to restore Jil Sander).

bc collector likes this.
  7. AnaD

AnaD Active Member

I like the painterly prints, and how sleek everything is. The women's looks are decent, but the menswear is the true star of this show. The cast is great too!

8. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

I love this look:
    AYtezM9j_o.jpg
    vogue.com

It belongs in Dior Homme, not in Cavalli...it´s so sophisticated to belong to Cavalli´s trademark tackiness (well, the necklace adds a bit of tackiness, that I would totally remove from here...but it´s not enough).

So, first time I like one single look from a Cavalli collection...and it is because it doesn´t look like Cavalli at all!

#8 jeanclaude, Feb 23, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    perfect blue likes this.
  9. reese06

reese06 Well-Known Member

He’s a great and capable designer. It’s actually a really pretty and desirable collection but it’s not Cavalli unfortunately.

Its missing that energy and many pieces seem like a lame attempt at making the brand “modern” by way of Phoebe Philo Celine.

Wonder what brand the cavalli woman is actually wearing these days

10. gossiping

gossiping Well-Known Member

i absolutely love it. i love his work so so so much.

11. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

I think that overtime her taste has slightly evolved and the shift of fashion offers many brands in that area. From YSL to Alexandre Vauthier or Dundas.

In the glorious years of Cavalli, the market was totally different.

12. kasper!

kasper! Well-Known Member

The first look is totally Pucci:judge:

guimon and LustforFashion like this.
  13. DK92

DK92 Member

I really liked... The prints and mostly the menswear!

14. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

Cavalli will never be the same as it was in the 2000's, that customer no longer exists. Saint Laurent by Vaccarello is what Cavalli should have naturally evolved into. The bare bones are there, they just need someone to put it all back together again.