Roberto Cavalli S/S 11 Milan

after watching the video,i actually love it,loving the soft color,i even don't mind the fringe!

I love this, because its Cavalli and he does this kind of look like no one else. It's his 40th anniverssary this year and there's no better way to celebrate it than this kind of show.That is something honest and true to his own style.
Moreover some people may not find this glamorous at all , but who can defined glamour. Because, as far as I'm concerned, this is glamorous in its own way. When look at the clothes you can see the amazing craftsmanship in every inch of them and that even though they've got fringes.

Not loving the clothes.
But the whole show was amazing, very Cavalli.

i love this collection :ninja: the details are great. i know it can get kinda tacky but i don't really care.

I love the comments about Cher and hippie whores :lol:.

This is such a hot mess

It's maybe tacky to some but it's still tip top tack. Like Squizree said these clothes aren't going to be made out of crap fabrics. There is a buyer for this.

I really like the colours and the collection isn't that bad at all. I'm sure the Ad Campaign will be wicked.

It can be all Cher but i like it, i dont think i will ever wear any of those pieces, but they look really good, some of the dresses where pretty lovely, like made for beach time.

I've kinda had enough of people who will automatically write any collection with a bit of dare off as "tacky". I'm no big fan of Cavalli but this is what made him famous and sexy is his signature shade, he'll never stop doing it. People come to Cavalli for his wild-sexy fashion, there's nothing difficult about it.
Tacky for me is when the clothes actually look cheaply made....like Blumarine. But this collection is every bit luxurious. You might not necessarily wear it but there are women out there who are looking for something more than a boring old Chanel suit.

it's too true. i simply cannot agree more. roberto cavalli knows exactly what he's doing and he does it spectacularly. and lest we all forget about the "cher" references here, she is sort of iconic seventies which is a major trend line so in that way he's definitely on point.

I know I'm probably not supposed to like this, but I do. Say what you will about Cavalli but when he decides to just be himself he does it with such conviction that it makes collections like Gucci, Pucci and the rest of the labels tapping into this 70s vibe look positively half-***ed by comparison. Why get a laced, fringed and studded jacket from Gucci when you could get the real thing from Cavalli?

Honestly I'm a little surprised by the reactions considering the amount of praise some of the designers who over the last few years have taken more than a hint of inspiration from Cavalli have gotten, not to mention that by Cavalli standards this really isn't all that tacky. Some of his mid-decade footballers wives-style collections make this collection look positively tame by comparison.

I think the fringe, the everything in this collection is beautiful. Something out of the ordinary something sexy :smile: I think its one of the most beautiful collections so far in Milan. I love it all!

I agree with most of the posts ... this collection seems luxe and luxe and better than what Ive seen in past seasons .... a lot of designers lately have tried the fringe and here is one of the few success stories ....

I think he stuck to what he knows and executed it very well ... I loved very much the knitwear

Just when I started loving Cavalli he goes back to his tackyness. Of course I need to see more but he was doing some amazing things without losing his dna, but this is so strange :S

I would like to see the full collection in HQ, because of the better view at the fabrics and details.
Any HQ anyone please?

This collection is definitely amazing. Cavalli knows what he's doing and even though some of our favorite collections were a few years ago when it was a bit more toned down, he's staying true to what he knows best. Nobody does sexy exotic like Cavalli and what a better way to present his 40th anniversary collection with exactly that? The fringe, the cuts, the prints, it all screams Roberto Cavalli without being tacky at all. It's modern, extremely luxe and a bit trendy but everything about it is true Cavalli style. I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->