Roberto Cavalli S/S 2004 Milano

tiffany

Reaction score
what was your take on the cavalli show this season?
I was impressed with the hair and makeup but VERY disspointed by some of the clothes - can't stand the fact that designers are using animal skin prints again, I always thought it was so tacky :yuk:
but I really liked some of the outfits, namely the ones that didnt look like a masticated animal :ninja:

anyway, what did you guys think about it? :innocent:

loved this one:

This was supposed to be his Cher inspired show, full of feather prints and those new 'scarve' motifs. And of course it was not covered during FS long collections marathon postings. :lol:

Personally i find Cavalli quite very trashy.
Apart from the first dress you've posted here tiffany, most of the collection was pure trash, fit for Las Vegas hostess and poor taste sex driven starlets.
I can't see stylish girls following the new cavalli style the collection seems absolutely out of tune with the ss04 mood.

thanks for bringing this in tiffany :flower:

italian fashion just would not be italian fashion without cavalli...gucci has that RICH sexiness, dolce and gabbana have perfected the bad girl sexiness, but no one does rock and roll sex appeal like cavalli...and several of his pieces (off the rack, not off the runway) are very wearable and discreet but lend a certain sense of that rock chick style.

not for everyone.

i agree with lena - trashy ... but the first one does not drive me as crazy as the hideous cavallis ashanti always seems to have on....

Originally posted by mikeijames@Dec 2nd, 2003 - 9:01 am
italian fashion just would not be italian fashion without cavalli...gucci has that RICH sexiness, dolce and gabbana have perfected the bad girl sexiness, but no one does rock and roll sex appeal like cavalli...and several of his pieces (off the rack, not off the runway) are very wearable and discreet but lend a certain sense of that rock chick style.

not for everyone.
mikeijames, I couldn't agree with you more. Cavallis line is on a different level. Its very Los Angeles, Sunset, West Hollywood and Beverly to me. I loved his runway, I think his expressions are unique, genuine and very sexy. As you said, definitly not for everyone.

i like those dresses :flower: . as long as its not those bad prints he came up with a few seasons ago :yuk:

Whoa, that's some big hair. :blink:

*Edit* Is the last dress the same one that Miss Britney wore? To the AMA's I think.... :huh:

Very commercial designs but I love the models hair....they're the only models that I'd pick up in a bar....

I think some of the designs are wonderfully kitsch.

Nothing new here. Looks like Versace-very aggressive,seedy plastic-indeed very much like something for Las Vegas showgirls :lol:

Originally posted by Lena@Dec 2nd, 2003 - 8:06 pm
here is the evidence (for leyla :lol: )
OMG, ok those just have to go :sick: what is it with his prints??? i mean out of all the possible fabric prints, this is what he comes up with??? :wacko: :wacko:
he loves this leopard/tiger/panther/etc influence; doesnt he :innocent:

awful coloures, awful cuts , just plane awful. This looks liek cheap hooker clothes, tehf irst dress was ok but the rest i find awful. I agree a mroe agressive evrsace. :sick: :shock: :yuk:

Originally posted by leyla m.@Dec 2nd, 2003 - 10:41 pm
??? i mean out of all the possible fabric prints, this is what he comes up with??? :wacko: :wacko:
:lol: i know Leyla, worst of all is that all low market labels and cheap mass manufacturers -sentier style- are actually quick to copy Cavalli's seasonal stylistic atrocities turning his banality to global bad taste uber trend (those asian cavalli from last season, were everywhere -here)

people are making huge money investing and constantly feeding global bad taste :ninja:

whats real weird for me, is that before versace's tragic end, cavalli had some great moments, including use of handpainted fabrics and cool shapes.. wonder what went wrong with him..

i hate it when he dyes furs pink and purples with brown streeks and so on :sick: and then makes it into a trail on a mini dress.......i mean WTF :wacko:

nobodt buys the menswear either.........i mean........leapord print shirts :shock: not even elton wants to wear that :lol:

looking at those prints give me a headache :doh: actually looking at all of it gives me a headache :wacko:

I like the first 3 dresses posted by Tiffany but those animal print dresses are hideous!! :sick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->