Rochas F/W 2004.05 Paris

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 4th, 2004 - 8:51 am
:shock:

00100f.jpg

what is this for? :sick:
What do you mean?

The toggle closures are a tad too LL Bean.

I thought this collection was quite beautiful, the colours were put together well and I loved the shoes, such pretty colours. I love the romantic feel of these clothes.

Originally posted by Episternum@Mar 4th, 2004 - 12:30 pm
Does anyone else think it looks like Ss04 revisited?
i do.

i thought it was the same collection until i saw the shoes. :wacko:

there are differences... but far too many similarities for my taste.

Originally posted by Episternum@Mar 4th, 2004 - 7:30 pm
Does anyone else think it looks like Ss04 revisited?
i do, very much so :innocent:

:clap: i have to look at the whole collectioin, but so far i'm really relieved...i really like this...it is eminently wearable (read-saleable) and theyskens is managing to keep a bit of himself while staying true to rochas...he's established a strong look for the house and now he is evolving it slowly...i'm very pleased with what i've seen so far...

BUT- i :heart: those shoes!!!!! editors will be fighting over them all season... :lol:

I like some of it, and I think it'll definitely be a hit with Rochas clientelle. I do wish Theyskens would go back to his own brand :(

ok-it's official...i really like this...i think there is something for everyoone, no matter your size or age and it's all elegant and beautiful...you get a retro feel, but in a completely modern way...good, good, good... :flower: :innocent:

:shock: Oooooh, just what women are looking for. Bigger hips! :doh:

post-19-1078400849.jpg

Originally posted by tealady@Mar 4th, 2004 - 2:51 pm
:shock: Oooooh, just what women are looking for. Bigger hips!  :doh:

post-19-1078400849.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

it seems that SO many designers forget who they are designing for.

we aren't MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

those dolts prenza schoeler do it too.... tiny tiny bustier tops with a potato sack like emphasis on the hips. SO unflattering... even on the models.

:cry:

i just don't get it anymore.

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 4th, 2004 - 8:57 am

00180f.jpg

fat chic :unsure:

an appaling sight! anouk has never looked so bad. i don't understand how she gets a single job, let alone ~5 campaigns each season! :sick:

Originally posted by nikos+Mar 4th, 2004 - 2:11 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nikos @ Mar 4th, 2004 - 2:11 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lena@Mar 4th, 2004 - 8:57 am

00180f.jpg

fat chic :unsure:

an appaling sight! anouk has never looked so bad. i don't understand how she gets a single job, let alone ~5 campaigns each season! :sick: [/b][/quote]
i can't believe we're looking at the same picture...i think this is lovely...this is great for an older woman who might be very elegant but wears , maybe, a size 12 and wants an alternative to the overplayed chanel suit or the dumpy, often boring armani...

i could see the late elizabeth tilberis wearing this to shows if she were still around...imagine judy dench...lovely... is the only word i can think of... :flower:

Originally posted by Scott@Mar 4th, 2004 - 10:33 am
The toggle closures are a tad too LL Bean.
i love the toggle closures...it keeps it from being too retro for me... :heart:

Ok, aside from the shoes, which I think are quite nice, and that black sheer, full-skirted dress, this collection was way too similar to his previous ones. I feel like I've seen this all before. Even that black dress bares a srtiking resemblence to some of the gowns he did for F/W 03 and S/S 04. I can appreciate his vision of what a woman should look like, but he needs to evolve it a bit more quickly. Fashion is way too fickle for a slow process. Yes, the clothes are nice, and well crafted but he needs to expand on that. It doesn't feel new, or exciting and the color palette doesn't look like it changed from last season. In a season where so many designers are doing bold, vibrant colors, I find this collection kinda boring. :huh:

Ok, aside from the shoes, which I think are quite nice, and that black sheer, full-skirted dress, this collection was way too similar to his previous ones. I feel like I've seen this all before. Even that black dress bears a striking resemblence to some of the gowns he did for F/W 03 and S/S 04. I can appreciate his vision of what a woman should look like, but he needs to evolve it a bit more quickly. Fashion is way too fickle for a slow process. Yes, the clothes are nice, and well crafted but he needs to expand on that. It doesn't feel new, or exciting and the color palette doesn't look like it changed from last season. In a season where so many designers are doing bold, vibrant colors, I find this collection kinda boring. :huh:

P.S. posted two, I gotta stop hitting enter!

This is Oliver's best collection @ Rochas. He's found a signature look (the armor-like shoulers, the round necks, the lace, the lingerie details), and he's done a good job evolving it. The shoes are in amazing shades but perhaps a bit too radical.

I love that ivory-colored dress Elise wore.

00080f.jpg

00390f.jpg

And this look is very Lanvin, SS04
00480f.jpg

Originally posted by LibertyRose@Mar 4th, 2004 - 3:59 pm
This is Oliver's best collection @ Rochas. He's found a signature look (the armor-like shoulers, the round necks, the lace, the lingerie details), and he's done a good job evolving it. The shoes are in amazing shades but perhaps a bit too radical.

I love that ivory-colored dress Elise wore.

00080f.jpg

00390f.jpg

And this look is very Lanvin, SS04
00480f.jpg
i particularly love the looks you posted...thx :heart:

EEh, nothing that impresive, I expected something better from Rochas :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68