Rochas F/W 2004.05 Paris

The coats stop me from loving the collection, but I understand they aren't aimed at me, and yes I can easily imagine them on the older woman. The shoes and the lighter pieces and in particular the long pink dress, I really approve. I just hope the waist distortions are coming to an end, as tealady hinted- they really don't improve the female form. But those shoes do and so I will forgive.

I love the shoes, but the heels are way too high for my liking.

He needs to drop the teeny boob cups. They're an accident waiting to happen, even for the smallest breasted of ladies.

This collection just reminded me way too much of Proenza Schouler.

pointed toes and all.. its old and boring really
plus all this metallic leather is making me :dizzy:

as for the 'fat chic' look, please, i could not wear this even at 65
even if Theyskens payed me honestly, i'm all for experimental, unusual
and creative design, but this ..its all wrong (in my eyes anyway)

anyway, taste is a very personal matter i guess.. i hope i have not offended anyone :ninja:

ah yes..we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one lena... :flower:

Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 5th, 2004 - 2:45 am
ah yes..we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one lena... :flower:
:kiss:

its not a bad collection but the last one was soo much better

Some really beautiful pieces, lovely jackets, I liek the toggles.

my favorite look was the one worn by stella, and the shoes where fabulous :heart:

other than that its rather "been there done that" :unsure:

Quite intresting detail, silhouette in some pieces here and there... but this is way too in the mood (and the clothes) of last season and he never quite left Fall 2003 either. :doh: One word: Boring.

Suzy Menkes on Rochas a.w.04

[/QUOTE]Rochas has focused on a sweet, dark romance since Olivier Theyskens became designer for the house. He is moving very slowly and carefully - but that is not necessarily a bad thing, as he is handling such a fragile image. That was represented this season by the montage of butterflies opening and closing their wings on the backdrop. That seemed like a metaphor for the fluttering between a classic, even prudish, silhouette of short jacket and rounded skirt, and its opening up with a bloused satin top, a peek of corsetry underneath or a pouch of fabric filled with black fallen leaves at waist and bosom.
Many of these ideas had been seen before from Theyskens, yet he renews them with a little stream of creativity that included this season bright turquoise elbow gloves and metallic rich-hued shoes. This quiet, sweet, youthful romantic aesthetic is a good mix with Rochas..

that was a lovely review by suzy-thx for posting lena :flower:

i was talking to a stylist friend who was at the Rochas show,
so.. he said that he found strange that the winter 04-05 collection
was in more more 'summery' fabrics than the ss04 one ,
but apart from this they was almost the same in the mood.

you are welcome softgrey :flower:

i also can't wait to see this in person...the fabric looks incredible...and what did suzy say
"a pouch of of fabric filled with fallen leaves"?

...my lord...how poetic... :heart:

add some perfume and one turns to a walking pot-purrie :lol:

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 5th, 2004 - 5:06 pm
add some perfume and one turns to a walking pot-purrie :lol:
ha ha, very cute---you know very well they're not real leaves, you naughty girl... :P :heart:

I hated the shoes :doh:
but I loved some of the dresses :heart:

the entire collection is very similar to the spring04 one, which is a little redundant, but I like the underlying theme to both collections :blush:

this was my favourite piece, I'm not sure why

i also hated the shoes :ninja:
the dress you posted is my one fave of the collection tiff :flower:

i found this collection delightful it just didn't have that new patina like the last one did. but these seem like the most sophisticated and prim little black dresses we've seen this season, no?

Originally posted by tiffany@Mar 6th, 2004 - 3:06 am
I hated the shoes :doh:
but I loved some of the dresses :heart:

the entire collection is very similar to the spring04 one, which is a little redundant, but I like the underlying theme to both collections :blush:

this was my favourite piece, I'm not sure why
That dress looks strangely like something I saw at Christian Dior (as in Christian Dior designed by Christian Dior)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->