Rochas F/W 09.10 Paris

The majority of the collection is pretty simple and minimal.

Not exciting, but I do like it.

Oh...hmmm....Rochas. How long were the shut down for? Like 4 years? This is so boring. Reminds me of Burberry a lot.

what a contrast from the genius of theyskens...
looks like something for mass market department store...

Law #41 out of The 48 Laws of Power: Never step into a big mans shoes. Theyskens left a permanent imprint once he left Rochas and it will never be the same.

So much for a grand entrance from a sleeping beauty.

I'm really surprised by all the negative comments. I think this is amazing, esp. if you read about the detailing. I love the use of chiffon, the idea of the 'silk slip' inspiring a lot of the dresses (which you can see), and the slim cut pant suits. It's very wearable, it's very laid back, but luxe at the same time. I like the tulle/chiffon/whatever necklines that overlay a lot of the outfits. There is a real easiness with a lot of these looks but also still very polished and luxurious. So I guess I will be the only one buying :lol:

I think all the Theskens worship is a bit out of touch to be honest. Did he produce absolutely stunning gowns for Rochas? Yes. He did some lovely, amazing, beautiful things. But no one bought them (if the brand was performing successfully I'm sure P&G would have sold it off instead of shutting it down). He made a lot of dresses that a lot of women could not wear. It wasn't until the last season that he started making pants (correct me if I'm wrong) and even then, a lot of them were tight, stovepipe trousers that many women would not look good in. So while I appreciate that what Theyskens did was beautiful, out of his collections, there were many wearable things. And I'm not saying he needed to design for the masses, but if you looked at the Balenciaga shows at the same time, there were many pieces you could pull out that would look flattering on a lot of women. And the price point was lower. This is a completely different direction and, in my opinion, not really comparable to what Theskens did.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I guess I will be the only one buying :lol:

You're not the only one:flower: I would love to spend money for this if I were a girl... easy, chic, comfortable...

Not the most satisfying collection, but I didn't want Theyskens' copy, so this is not so bad, I think...

agreed....in actual fact you can find much more interesting things on the high street.....i mean unless the cut & fabric is amazing, it looks like a waste of time and money.....

what a contrast from the genius of theyskens...
looks like something for mass market department store...

So safe! It's not bad, but boring. It doesn't belong in Paris...

I'm really surprised by all the negative comments. I think this is amazing, esp. if you read about the detailing. I love the use of chiffon, the idea of the 'silk slip' inspiring a lot of the dresses (which you can see), and the slim cut pant suits. It's very wearable, it's very laid back, but luxe at the same time. I like the tulle/chiffon/whatever necklines that overlay a lot of the outfits. There is a real easiness with a lot of these looks but also still very polished and luxurious. So I guess I will be the only one buying :lol:

I think all the Theskens worship is a bit out of touch to be honest. Did he produce absolutely stunning gowns for Rochas? Yes. He did some lovely, amazing, beautiful things. But no one bought them (if the brand was performing successfully I'm sure P&G would have sold it off instead of shutting it down). He made a lot of dresses that a lot of women could not wear. It wasn't until the last season that he started making pants (correct me if I'm wrong) and even then, a lot of them were tight, stovepipe trousers that many women would not look good in. So while I appreciate that what Theyskens did was beautiful, out of his collections, there were many wearable things. And I'm not saying he needed to design for the masses, but if you looked at the Balenciaga shows at the same time, there were many pieces you could pull out that would look flattering on a lot of women. And the price point was lower. This is a completely different direction and, in my opinion, not really comparable to what Theskens did.

I understand what you mean, I just would have appreciated a better balance, especially since this was following Theyskens. A complete 180 change in direction might be too jarring for the public right now.

It would've been smart to strike a balance between the two, to keep the quick talking critics at bay while introducing a new direction and gaining new clientele.

Im actually quite impressed.
I think people are missing the mark when they say its too 'mass market'. If you read the review, a lot of the pieces are hand-stitched or finished and Im sure the production will be impeccable.
I find it an interesting idea to sell that kind of craftmanship at less than average 'designer' prices and maybe it will tap into a new market.

For the times, its quite a relevant collection, as none of the pieces will date very much and they look well made.

I completely agree with Meg's comments too. And there can never be 'too many brands' as long as there are people willing to buy the clothes.

Does anybody know Zara? I can find better design there.
Do you know Bershka? I'm afraid there too.

Zanini, Decarnin, Gianini and Cortázar should GO HOME and let `their´brands to another more talented people.

Its beautiful in its subtelty, but i cant comment about the quality of this since i didnt see it yet, however the design is very sub par, and yes you can get stuff like this at Zara et co.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BonnieRunway
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->