Rodarte F/W 08.09 : Karen Elson by Autumn de Wilde

Tinsley V

Reaction score
Apparently, according to fashionista, this is the design duo's first ad campaign which "grew from a project between photographer Autumn de Wilde and Karen Elson, which means it wasn’t necessarily intended for an ad campaign"

So, the newly released ad campaign with the rainbow slogan is not the first?
Sorry if this is not actually the campaign!

fashionista

Mmmm! I love this one! Even better than the SS 09 one! I would have loved to have seen this in magazines during the FW 08 season!

What magazine was this in? I doubt it's a real ad campaign.

^^I was under the impression that it was more like a project/ campaign...not one that was ever really meant to be printed in magazines.

here is the full blurb from fashionista.com:

This is Rodarte’s first ad, which ran in Anthem magazine’s Fall issue. It actually grew from a project between photographer Autumn de Wilde and Karen Elson, which means it wasn’t necessarily intended for an ad campaign, though it ended up as a crystal clear advertisement tucked in the front of the glossy.

Don’t know how it flew over everyone’s head (ours included), but this ad, which grants a much better view of Kate and Laura’s skills, is sick. Which makes the ad below - the one everyone’s flipping out over today - their second campaign, not first.

Just saying.

so it ran in anthem magazine, but that wasn't the original intention (and it never ran in any other magazines)...

yesss i love this. karen elson is my favorite, rodarte is quickly becoming one of my favorites....awesome :D

see that's what i am feeling the other print is. like a collaboration project with a single magazine. ezra petronio + suzanne koeller from self service has done a lot of these with chalayan,branquinho,kokosalaki through their work in progress company. like mock-adverts.

Wow, never knew that! :shock: How can I get the Anthem mag? :brows::lol:
Love this campaign!

Isn't it a little late for a A/W 08 ad?? Assuming it is one.

^^It may a be a little late.......but it's definitely worth seeing:D
Very impressive:woot: Thanks Tinsley V:flower:

that's beautiful and i love to see karen in that collection. it's worth. thx for posting! :smile:

I remember him shooting all the photos for rodartes website.

This was from the fittings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->