Rodarte F/W 09.10 New York

j'adore!!! just the emphasis on texture and structure,it's extraordinary.

i think that money they won at the swiss textiles really is paying off for them this season. very strong.

agreed to whoever said they looked like mermaids..industrial mermaids in some experimental deep-sea warehouse. man i love this concept.

AND i would wear it all. oh, rodarte <3

agreed to whoever said they looked like mermaids..industrial mermaids in some experimental deep-sea warehouse. man i love this concept.

AND i would wear it all. oh, rodarte <3
me too :heart:
I remember when I fell in love with them some seasons ago...
was flowered coffin dresses like walking coffins made of flowers...:shock: :heart: I love their way to match their concepts with a special aesthetic that really stands out as insightful and eye-catching at the same time... at the end it's very romantic :wub:

Freakin brilliant! I love the Mulleavys, there inspiration are so sophisticated, yet fascinating and never executed too boldly.
Those girls look like walking landscape. I'm in love. I just wish wish wish I could dress like this every single day.

Very interesting, I wonder if it paper mache as someone mentioned (would be hard to even dryclean then..)
Love the boots.. but seriously.. they look like a lot of work getting on.. wrapping the leather around the leg, making sure it looks good from all angles..

I don't like the shoes at all :ninja: but the dresses are very cute as always

The fabrics are beautiful, the details are gorgeous and the boots are killer. But I can't say I am completely in love with this. It just doesn't feel fresh somehow...they have a unique aesthetic and I feel like they are constantly trying to establish that over and over again instead of really pushing that aesthetic forward. I don't knowif and how they should do that, or if it's just a fabulous consistency, just like Lacroix has a fabulous consistency, if you see what I mean....

^if it ain't broke don't fix it,indeed. but i disagree this isn't fresh though. to me this show is proving a more evolved direction for them. of course they haven't lost that esoteric spirit in the previous collections but i think they're really refining the knitting skills here and utilising more materials in their textiles. and the silhouette somehow looks stronger as well.

Okay, I see this as a "lacquered" version of their s/s 09 show. It just doesn't seem different or even remotely evolved. Is it me or do their leathers look cheap or am i losing my mind?

^^I agree, Scott. With Rodarte, I never feel like they ever really copy one collection to the next...it seems like what happens is they discover a silhouette, a technique, a color, etc. from their last show and then elaborate and reinterpret that idea in their next collection...it's totally an evolution. I commend them for this approach...they're one of the very few designers who doesn't hop, skip and jump from one collection to the next. With Rodarte, it's much more about one step at a time. I also agree with you that this season's silhouette feels stronger and more mature. I especially love the short dresses with the long sleeves...looks very smart.

This piece is stunning.
rodartefw09.jpg

(fashionologie.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Im loving this as I always do their collections:woot:, they definitely bring an new exciting flavor to NY, they are trying alot of new things with this collection, still pretty but in a less obvious tough exciting way, the colors and fabrics of the dresses are amazing:heart:, the dress on kinga a nd Vlada are standouts, excited to see the full collection!!:D

totally agree with dior_couture and Scott :clap:

They show good progress in each collection, and develop or add a new idea to their aesthetic, and that's what helps a good designer build a costumer or fan base, they are some of the best in the mix and match in my book and this collection proves it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->