Rodarte F/W 09.10 New York

I hate to disagree with everybody, since everybody digs this, but I really can't stand it. :ninja:I looks too similar to SS 09. Obviously this is just a personal taste thing. Maybe i'll like it when it hits the editorials. I do wish they had gowns this seasons, I really like the ones from SS 09. The boot are awesome though. As far as Balenciaga comparisons, i don't really see a similarity,:unsure:

I love this too, their knits are outstanding, and a great mix of fabrics and patterns

coutorture

at first i didn't like it but the more i look at it the more i love it

A little Balenciaga, a little Balmain, even a bit Versace in some of the belted dresses. But who cares? Those shots of metallic evergreen made my day.

i love it
rodarte has become one of the shows that must be watched season after season and with good merit too

I'm in love with the pieces where it looks like radioactive and Earthy fissures are running through them.

gorgeous! strong, new, tough!!
donatella's boots for prefall have a lot to learn from these babies! that's how you do cuissardes! anyone knows who did them? kirkwood???

i so want to see the whole thing!!

The fabrics are interesting, but I don't like the combinations of them. Some remind me of Prada SS 09.
Actually, I'm not a fan of Rodarte and the reason is exactly like Mr-Dale said.

I love the collection and I'm glad that it is not too space-age and I love the pops of metallic colors. Very cool. (But I usually like Rodarte so it's not a big surprise:()

not their most original collection, but it is beautiful. the mix of textures and fabrics is beautiful.

I am ALWAYS interested in hearing the inspiration and thought process that went on into designing a Rodarte collection.

Their imagination is like no other designer's. Odd, unique, extraordinary, out-of-this-world, random.

it looks like last season with a twist, a great twist in another direction, it looks promising!

Yes ! There is a definite geology influence here. The crackling and almost marble effect used on some of the fabrics.

I love it !

marbleid0.jpg

source : cmrstones.com

Breathtaking.
One of my favorite collections of NY so far..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carmennprivato
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->