Rodarte F/W 10.11 New York

I think what Rodarte needs to improve upon is their editing eye. looking at the garments, there are so many good ideas there, but I think sometimes they are just creating and putting together things to make them look complicated. Maybe it's their signature look but it gets tired. Another problem is the fabrication and construction. the garments need to be more realistic meaning when worn by real women and not a model, it will look good and flatter the body. also, when somebody parts away withe their hard earned cash, that they can be guaranteed that when they bring the clothes to the cleaners, the garments will not fell apart. If they can improve on this I think they will become even more of a stronger brand and establish a more wider customer base

I think what Rodarte needs to improve upon is their editing eye. looking at the garments, there are so many good ideas there, but I think sometimes they are just creating and putting together things to make them look complicated. Maybe it's their signature look but it gets tired. Another problem is the fabrication and construction. the garments need to be more realistic meaning when worn by real women and not a model, it will look good and flatter the body. also, when somebody parts away withe their hard earned cash, that they can be guaranteed that when they bring the clothes to the cleaners, the garments will not fell apart. If they can improve on this I think they will become even more of a stronger brand and establish a more wider customer base

I totally agree that editing is the key to a refined piece and collection . They're not there yet, but they may develop it . Maybe they won't .

I still don't like this collection, but some of the pieces look okay separately.
Pics from the opening ceremony blog.
rodarte-2010-31.jpg

rodarte-2010-18.jpg

rodarte-2010-12.jpg

rodarte-2010-05.jpg

rodarte-2010-25.jpg

you know that shearling jacket kind of makes me think of that period when hussein chalayan was sort of deconstructing-reconstructing....when the pieces would sort of start out in a skeletal vein and build on it.

i actually think it's a beautiful piece. wish they could have created more variation in shape of that rather than just a short jacket shape. i agree that in the sense of silhouette it is pretty one-dimensional with them however,the actual construction is actually quite wonderful.

they make such an incredibly perfect complete look, so so beautiful from head to toe

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->