Rodarte F/W 13.14 New York

HeatherAnne

Reaction score
2uzau1j.jpg

twitter.com/cathyhorynnyt

I miss the old Rodarte, not liking this.

the full collection is on nowfashion... i don't understand what's going on here. it stars off great, i love love the first looks and then it slowly starts to get messy and tragic. the final dresses feature some of the ugliest and most amateurish prints i've seen in quite sometime:

why.

nowfashion.com

I have no words for this horrendous and confusing mess. What the hell has happened to this brand :doh:

Yikes, this is horrid. Horrid. What are those amateur prints? And those back-waist cuts on every piece? And that horrible excuse for draping? What is this?

Does this mean people are finally going to stop pretending this label is good?

It would be hard to have someone say those last few gowns were beautiful with a straight face.

It would be hard to have someone say those last few gowns were beautiful with a straight face.

apparently style.com thinks they're

Super cool @OfficialRodarte tie-dye gowns. ML #nyfw

:lol:

i actuall think this one (and this one only) would be nice in a bold color, or in black or white, but those prints are just ... unexcusable

s1ayjb3.jpg

nowfashion

the full collection is on nowfashion... i don't understand what's going on here. it stars off great, i love love the first looks and then it slowly starts to get messy and tragic. the final dresses feature some of the ugliest and most amateurish prints i've seen in quite sometime

I have to admit I felt similarly. I was actually excited when I saw looks 1 through 9 on Nowfashion. It felt fresh and really subtle for Rodarte (dresses 8 and 9 in particular are gorgeous). Then the tie-dye came in and it too started off promisingly enough, but then it was paired with those geometric warlock bibs. The finale print was garish to say the best. There's something working for them at the beginning, but the whole thing would have done with a good edit.

So true, it's starts off so well. Their last few collections have been so 'meh'. I want to see a Spring 2008 again.

This is their worst collection! I don't like anything

There were times when Rodarte was something I was looking forward to. Now I felt a bit nervous before looking at their show, hoping that they might deliver again after several weak seasons. But it has gotten worst. The past few seasons I didn't really like their collections as a whole but I always spotted a few nice pieces. Now I really don't see anything that I like. Somehow I can't see this label existing in a few years... :(

There were times when Rodarte was something I was looking forward to. Now I felt a bit nervous before looking at their show, hoping that they might deliver again after several weak seasons. But it has gotten worst. The past few seasons I didn't really like their collections as a whole but I always spotted a few nice pieces. Now I really don't see anything that I like. Somehow I can't see this label existing in a few years... :(

I feel the exact same way. I don't know what's happen. The past few season have felt so forced and over-thought, while their earlier collections were always something I looked forward to and felt truly were innovative.

I don't even know how they stay afloat now. Selling Radarte shirts I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"