Roksanda Ilincic Resort 2010

classicalbang

shake off your flesh
Reaction score
"I was inspired by the idea of transforming cocktail and evening dresses into something more approachable in terms of fabric," said Roksanda Ilincic. To that end, the designer's coolly glamorous cruise lineup included structured shift dresses crafted from linen, one with layers of ruffles and another dress made from contrasting panels of silk and organza in shades of dove gray, pale peach and black.
mm4scp.jpg
2ltsg9l.jpg

znm0qf.jpg
2h5l402.jpg

21n2l1f.jpg
98h8hf.jpg

wwd.com

LOVING this. :wub:

i love her immensely! always very classic in it's foundation but with a unusual,quirky and playful twist.

Those two looks in the middle have a bit of a Lanvin S/S 09 vibe. They're also the two looks that have any of her signature quirk and exuberance. Overall this is extremely quiet by her standards.

Wow, it's really amazing! I especially love the second and the third dress, wonderful.

Indeed a much better effort compared to last FW collection. I love it :wub:

Those two looks in the middle have a bit of a Lanvin S/S 09 vibe. They're also the two looks that have any of her signature quirk and exuberance. Overall this is extremely quiet by her standards.
i love two too :blush: what an interesting way to layer and drape the skirt in the 2nd

I use to adore Ilincic. But from last season's dolce-inspired to this lavin-inspired is making me questioning her originality.... Come on Roksanda... you should be able to do more with your satin!

Its good to be inspired by other designers but you gotta wonder cuz most of this looks like Lanvin.

Oh, the hair and makeup are beautiful. I've been noticing a lot of designers completing their looks with similar hairstyles lately--how can an amateur replicate this?? I guess I'll start with a crimper and a brush for backcombing, then stick my finger in the nearest electrical socket... -_- Oh, there are clothes here as well. They're fairly nice...

does channel lanvin a lot. the use of the bronze metallic in the last look reminds me of a look from australian label arnsdorf from their f/w 09 collection. regardless, love the flow and the structured "balenciaga"esque shape of the bottoms.

well roksanda's similarity to lanvin is only evident because of her influence of old lanvin. those techniques have become signature elements of her work. she's always been heavily inspired by the past-from cristobal to YSL. perhaps not as wholly original as her first years but i think she manages to give everything her own spin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->