Roksanda Ilincic S/S 10 London

Her taste level is never there. Her aspirations and intentions are rather obvious, but the execution is always cluttered and overdone. The feather pieces are just so abysmal and costume-y rather than elegant and luxurious. I also hate the shiny, cheap fabric she sees to favor greatly.

it's a collection like this that makes me miss katarzyna szczotarska. she was somebody who was capable of utilising quirky motifs,details and playful volumes but somehow it was also restrained,intelligent and absolutely elegant.

i normally appreciate roksanda's aesthetic and i still do but it just seems she's a bit all over the place the last seasons.

some things are nice but i agree that most things look overdone and the collection as a whole looks rather muddled. i think this could have been a really great collection had things been a little more refined (the shapes of the shoulder perhaps, i mean if your going to do something as bold and statement-ty as a shoulder it HAS to be executed perfectly) and devoid of campy embellishments(which she probably thought was...avant garde). and maybe scale down the size a bit to make more of an impact.

2 duds in a row...It's disappointing because I think she's capable of better and has done so. This is just not the right path...It looks clunky and uninspiring.

the big shoulders look outdated ... i thought they belonged to 2009 and not 2010? :P the SHOES are ferosh tho!

That zip is about the only thing I like. The clothes and finish don't look polished enough (unlike of course the cloth which has obviously been polished as it is very shiny.......)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->