Roland Mouret for Banana Republic

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
ROLAND MOURET is to design a 25-piece collection for Banana Republic.
Comprising skirts, tops, trousers and dresses in a pared-back palette, the range for the popular US-based high-street chain will launch in August. Mouret's trademark dresses are tipped to become the most feted items, especially as they will retail from $165 - a fraction of the cost of pieces from his eponymous label.
But, he says, it won't be a replica of his own line: "It's not a copy of my clothes in a less expensive [version], but the experience of a fitted dress for the Banana Republic customer." His attention was caught by Banana Republic's innovative Sloan bi-stretch cotton fabric: "When I saw that fabric I was so interested in working with it in my way," he said.
Melloney Birkett, vice president of women's design at Banana Republic, told WWD: "Roland is famous for his dresses and we have a very successful dress business."
vogue.co.uk/image: wwd

Attachments

• rolandmouret.jpg
    rolandmouret.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 4
Geeze, BR is forever getting irrelevant/unexciting designers to do collaborations.

His collection that he did for the Gap 10 years ago was awful. it was purposely baggy. :o at least this collection is formfitting.

the dress doesnt look alot different than what BR usually sells.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThePacific
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->