Rolled pant legs S/S 08

hehe...glad you guys liked that tip...^_^...

cute tine...
i might add a little short sock...maybe something sparkly...
:P

personally i like a different sort of shoe...
either something with straps or a heel...
here a shot of some marni paperbag waist pants i have that i wear like this...
really old pic...
from two summers ago...

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited by a moderator:
^that looks great soft. ! :heart:

I think it will look great with a pair of pumps with a chunky heel as well.
Oh and i definitely want to wear socks with it this winter, I was thinking about some thick ribbed socks, or just a pair of ribbed tights under.. But I really like the idea of something sparkley :woot: :wub:

I still think those sandals on the models in from Post #41 look bloody terrible. Different, but terrible. And always remember- different doesn't always mean better. More commonly, it's more of hip-hop type ladies who'll usually roll up pant legs or jean legs to show off some sneakers. Not saying it's bad, but it's something I've somewhat noticed as far as people rolling up pant legs. I think there are some pants (especially capri/flood/highwater pants) sold with rolled-up legs. I'm sure everything from sandals to even tall boots would work well with these pants.

I think this styling trend can look really good. I especially like it in the Peter Jensen men collection. For women, I think it looks best with a pair of sandals in summer. But I'm not really sure if it would look good on me, it might make me look even shorter than I am.

I tend to steer clear of trends like this - it only accentuates your height if your a tall person or makes you look shorter than you are if you happen to be short anyway.

Saved this picture ages ago... :heart:

opentoeandrollwm0.jpg

thesatorialist

NO. NO. NO. I've been seeing this on everywhere I go on people and I hate it. A lot. This is so dumb. The only people that should roll-up their pants are little kids dancing in a puddle.

To bad it is soo damn cold outside! I'll be freezing my *** of if I would do that right now!
But I do like it. Not really something I would do, but I like it!

'It is dumb because I don't like it....!'

Seems to be the self-satisfied assesment of a 'kid', rly...

:innocent:

But I was under the impression that the purpose of this thread was not only to show the trend but to express people's personal opinion on it.

I said I don't like it and it should be assumed that it's all just my opinion.

It seems like a very hit-or-miss concept, one that could easily look awkward if not done right, but it's lovely when it is. I like the folds to be thick and a little scruffy, as seen at Peter Jensen :heart:

But I was under the impression that the purpose of this thread was not only to show the trend but to express people's personal opinion on it.

I said I don't like it and it should be assumed that it's all just my opinion.

sure...you are welcome to share your opinion...
i dont think anyone has a problem with that..

i suppose it's just the way it is done...
you know?...there's a way to say things that shares your perspective..
and then there's a way to say things where it just sounds disrespectful and rude...
and calling things "dumb" is a bit like that really.... there can be nothing "dumb" about a look that someone likes....
but you are welcome to say that YOU personally don't like it..

:flower:

The rolled up pant legs aren't any real problem. But in Post #67, why would you pair black tights/stockings with gold-like peep-toe sandals? I'm not real fond of that look, I'm sorry. I usually associate rolling up pant legs with hot days and especially along the beach. Even some guys roll up their pants on the beach. Unless your feet don't get cold very much, it's probably okay wearing any sort of footwear ranging from sandals to boots in colder times. Also, never count out showing off an anklet you may have.

Through all of this, I use "pants" loosely because this also applies to jeans.

Rolled pants with flip flops isn't my fave...
I think it can very easily look sloppy.

i think the orange / coral fitted pant (see by chloe) helps it look 'tidy'..
and the white pant with the grey jacket is fantastic too imo..
i think it all depends on how you wear it..
personally i think the flip flops are cute...but i dont really mind 'sloppy' if it's done well :lol:...

i like how it looks like you're ready to splash about in puddles. I need a playfulness in my look!

i think it's SUPPOSED to look 'sloppy'...
casual and effortlessly chic...
which can be super sexy...
it's all in the attitude...

if that's not your style...
then by all means- skip this...
because it's not for you and it probably wouldn't work on someone who isn't 'feeling' it...
style is a very personal thing...

:P

* i have to say...
it would be very easy to get this VERY wrong...
:ninja:...

but i am seeing it on the street (especially with jeans) more and more...
so start practicing your rolling technique ya'll...

:wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
but i am seeing it on the street (especially with jeans) more and more...

I have only seen it with jeans ( and flip flops:doh: ) where I live...
I think it just looks so much cooler with pants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->