Rolling Stone April 2009 : Blake Lively & Leighton Meester by Terry Richardson

I love it! And I definitely think it's good for Rolling Stone, it's a good example of 2009 pop culture.. They look like they're having fun:D

The cover is so unbalanced. Rolling Stone has an awful habit of either stripping the women that grace its covers of their clothes or their sincerity. I almost liked the cover because of the mess Leighton creates with her mouth (dirty!) but Blake totally dampens the mood by looking poised and perfect and self-aware. My inner girl really wishes the two starlets were engaged in each other in the photos, as apposed to trying to seduce the camera. I don't find either of these two particularly "sexy" (they are totally cute, though!) and sexualizing them just made it look comical.

I'm really sick of the "Girls Gone Wild" brand of lesbianism in the media. Real lesbians don't flaunt their sexuality so it will attract men or make a game of it.

It should just be called "Women: By Men, For Men" at this point.

Instead of that ice cream cone they should be feeding each other slices of cherry pie as they read Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit. Leave the phallic imagery at home Terry, this party is girls only.

Luxx, I love you. You get to re-do this shoot :lol:

as much as i have a problem with Terry, you have to admit, Blake & Leighton (leighton especially) look BEAUTIFUL in this shoot

Does anyone know how much this is in the UK?
& the May 2009 issues on on the Rolling Stone site.

Does anyone know how much this is in the UK?
& the May 2009 issues on on the Rolling Stone site.
It was released in the UK and Ireland today. I think it is £3.20. I picked up a copy today. Sorry I threw the receipt away and the price tag.:flower:

^Thank you for the info :flower:

I actually saw this on one of the magazine stands here and it even looks worse in real life... I liked Blake on her VOGUE and Leighton on her TVOGUE, but not on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"