• HEIGHT 190
    BUST 82
    WAIST 63
  • HIPS 86
    HAIR BROWN
  • EYES BROWN
Soul Artists

Jamaica Gleaner feature:

Saint International's model Romaine Dixon has created fashion history with his appearance in the just-released Dior Homme global advertising campaign. Dixon became the first Jamaican male model to be featured by the iconic French label. The campaign released on Monday is the debut collection from the label's new designer and creative director Kim Jones. The new campaign, which was shot by legendary photographer Steven Meisel, features Dixon and other models, which include Prince Nikolai of Denmark, in looks ranging from relaxed tailoring to upscale sportswear and more casual embroidered items.

The titans of Parisian fashion embraced Dixon into their fold at the City of Light's Spring/Summer 2019 men's presentations in June. In his debut season in the global fashion market, the freckle-faced, six-foot-three inches tall Dixon was highlighted by Paris Vogue, British Vogue and Vogue Hommes as one "of the top 10 male models to keep your eye on". He booked three of the most influential European menswear labels - Dior Homme, Maison Valentino, and Balmain Homme - walking for their individual well-reviewed collections which signal sartorial industry trends for the year to come.

INSTANT CONTRACT

The fashionable journey started last year for the Sligoville, St Catherine, native, who is a third-year logistics and supply chain management student at Excelsior Community College. He reached out to Saint International through social media, and was invited in for a casting - receiving an instant contract from Saint CEO Deiwght Peters. Dixon was signed to MP Management Paris, and his distinct visage and statuesque frame were a hit when he touched down in France earlier this month.

Dixon's first international appearance was at the Maison Valentino menswear collection on June 20, where the label's artistic directors Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli sent the new Jamaican star and other models marching out in Valentino '70s and '80s scarf prints and overlaying them on classic fabrics.

The next major moment for Dixon materialised three days later, when he became the first Jamaican male model cast for a Dior Homme runway show at the label's Spring/Summer 2019 reveal. The front row included celebrities such as Robert Pattinson, Russell Westbrook, Giles Deacon, Lenny Kravitz, Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, Virgil Abloh, Karl Lagerfeld and Victoria Beckham.

Dixon closed the weekend on a high note on Sunday when he joined his Saint colleague Tami Williams on the runway for artistic director Olivier Rousteing's latest Balmain Homme menswear collection, and walking for Christian Dada's presentation sporting three different looks. "Paris was amazingly incredible," Dixon said. "I loved the creativity of the different collections that I was so happy to walk for, and am humbled by all the positive feedback I have received. Going forward, I want to work with more great designers. I am pinching myself. I can't realise I had such an amazing start for my very first season, and was able to have a big break for three very major fashion houses."

In addition to Valentino, Dior and Balmain, Dixon also strutted the Parisian runways for designers Maison Mihara Yasuhiro, Christian Dada and Sean Yuen.

The Saint star was also on the runway at New York Fashionweek last month for the unveiling of the Spring/Summer 2019 collections for luxury designers Tom Ford and Hugo Boss.

Icon Italia March 2020

My Portraits

Photographer: Van Mossevelde + N
Stylist: Edoardo Caniglia
Grooming: Franco Chessa
Cast: Cristiano Palmerini, Valerii Pakhomov, Jack Ryan, Romaine Dixon, Stas Zienkiewicz, Ibrahima Alessio, Daein Moon

Icon Italia Digital Edition

System #13 2019

Momentum: Grace Wales Bonner

Photographer: Durimel
Cast: Grace Wales Bonner, Romaine Dixon, Christine Willis, Dhayjanire Louisameau

System Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AprilL
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->