Roman Polanski detained in Zurich

Discussion in 'Rumor has it...' started by m.j., Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. m.j.

m.j. New Member

news.yahoo.com
    i love this man...wish they would leave him alone...
    my all time fav movie director!

2. BerlinRocks

BerlinRocks New Member

the man is hidden in France for decades ...
    Why would the US justice leave him alone ? Why would he not present himself and resolve the case ?
    If he has nothing to be blamed for, he shouldn't escape ...

3. m.j.

m.j. New Member

well he did escape so he could continue to work.
    we will never know the whole truth, but he is very old now, and that happend ages ago.
    this is a big deal for movie industry. i didn't post this to argue if he did or didn't do sth 30 yrs ago!

4. *Bianca*

*Bianca* New Member

I don't understand why he should be left alone either? No matter how great a director he may be...

5. candlebougie

candlebougie An die Freude.

I don´t know... I think they should leave him alone. Even the victim thinks so.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/09/27/zurich.roman.polanski.arrested/

#5 candlebougie, Sep 27, 2009
    Last edited by moderator Marchioness: Sep 27, 2009
  6. Fontenrose

Fontenrose New Member

drugged and raped a 13-year-old, plead guilty, fled the country...

France should have kicked him out a long time ago. It's not like he'd be executed.

7. Working Girl

Working Girl New Member

It is not ok for a 44 year old man to sleep with a 13 year old girl. I can't imagine what she had to go through. I also feel sorry for his children. Nasty little bastard. He pleaded guilty and was charged with a lesser crime. He still decided to run away.

He clearly needed to update his list of no entry countries to stay away from. I have no sympathy for him.

#7 Working Girl, Sep 27, 2009
    Last edited by moderator : Sep 27, 2009
  8. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

as much as admire and adore his work,if he plead guilty then fled,obviously he needs to face the music. is there a statute on this kind of case,considering the length of time? i mean if so,they could easily just dismiss the case or make him serve a lighter sentence.

and why on swiss territory is he arrested and possibly extradited and nowhere else? he has travelled to germany,czech republic and poland. is there some sort of extradition treaty/agreement the states have with switzerland?

9. Fontenrose

Fontenrose New Member

The statute of limitations doesn't apply since Polanski was already convicted in a US court...

10. cate-lola

cate-lola New Member

If it's true it doesn't matter if it was 30 years ago because if he was inclined to do something like that once he would very likely be inclined again....no matter what age he is.

11. CharlottefromCA

CharlottefromCA User Friendly

from wiki

I feel awful about what happened to his wife Sharon Tate and his unborn son, but he still needs to answer to the law. What i copied and pasted above is basically every model's worst nightmare..

12. lunabella

lunabella New Member

sounds nice and fair

13. Danhat Ward

Danhat Ward New Member

Exactly.

14. LUXXX

LUXXX New Member

Yes he's a good director, but the time has come for him to answer for his crime.

Still, it is fascinating that the Swiss have taken such bold action now, especially since Polanski has a home in Gstaad.

15. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

:cry: I knew it had to happen and it's all justice but I'm still very sad about it..

16. m.j.

m.j. New Member

well, this is a whole another level....do you really think that something like this would happend if he wasn't that famous?
    and, i am not trying to deny anything, but the man lost pregnant wife and unborn child.... you could say he wasn't able to think clearly.

plus, the girl, now a woman, forgave him.... why can't you?

i love this man...he's briliant.and very old.
    he is the only diresctor ever that i watched and loved every movie.

17. t-rex

t-rex everything sucks!

It doesn't matter if the victim forgave him, if she fights tooth and nail to have him not face any consequences. He needs to face the law and set an example of this is what will happen if you rape and sodomize a child. He has already been setting the example to fellow rapists that if you're lucky, you might be able to evade the law. And if you really lucky, you can do it in a life of luxury across Europe.

He did have to live through the Holocaust and murder of his wife and child but that does NOT excuse him raping someone. Lots of people live horrible lives and they don't rape or kill. Many murderers have grown up living a terrible life, should we be easier on them for killing someone?

****Edited. Please show respect towards other members, when disagreeing. ***Would you people still hold the same position if it were you or a family member who was raped, or if it happened to your daughter? Or if he wasn't a talented director?

#17 t-rex, Sep 27, 2009
    Last edited by moderator Natasa: Sep 28, 2009
  18. LUXXX

LUXXX New Member

I always try to put into perspective if the girl was someone I knew...say she was your daughter, sister or best friend. You may feel differently. Sometimes we we don't look at celebrities as human beings who are capable of heinous acts.

In the end, he's being punished for cowardice of not facing a court of law for his actions.

19. m.j.

m.j. New Member

i am female, i know what being raped means. and it's the worst thing that could happend. but we re not the ones to judge him.
    u all talk about examples... well, when heath leadger died no one said a single bad thing about him. he even got the oscar. and he was an addict. do u see my point? if they wanted to arrest polanski, it should've been done in total privacy, since it's an old case and he is really old. but no, media circus everywhere....
    plus, i do not belive that he raped anyone.... i read a lot about it, since i am his fan since always, my mom is too, and i think it was once again all about media attention.... he is roman polanski. he could have any girl. why would he rape some wannabe???

20. t-rex

t-rex everything sucks!

Someone being an addict is only a harm to themselves directly, raping someone is FAR much worse than harming your own body. Academy Awards aren't indicitative of someone's morality.

Roman ADMITTED to drugging and raping the girl. How can one read anything about this ordeal and not KNOW that?

You clearly do not know much about rape. Raping someone has nothing to with whether or not you can have any girl you want. It's about power, not merely getting your rocks off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.