Ronald van der Kemp Haute Couture F/W 2018.19 Paris

I really like RVDK but i feel like the magic of his lookbooks didn't translate well at all on the runway.
His process is interesting because he is using leftovers fabrics but this looks cheap as hell. It's very comical, the colors are garish but it could have been great if it wasn't for the weird cast and the atrocious location.

He is friend with I&V and he should use their connections at least for the cast. I remember that one hit wonder, Hakaan, who maybe 6 years ago had all of the best models in the world walking for him. He was a friend of M&M i think...

It's sad because, no matter your technique...If you don't use your environment to elevate the clothes, it will look like a circus.

I would love to see him at Ungaro. He has an eye for colors that could be great for the house.

Always so campy and elaborate! And there are some truly unimaginative look in here. I see some Valli, YSL mixed with a heavy dose of artificial gaudiness for the sake of gaudiness.

There's some truly great looks in here. There's a bunch of dresses towards the middle that I can easily see on most A list girls. And I'm sure we haven't seen the last of that 'nude' lamé number on Anna Cleveland or the green one right before that. I wish Sciaparelli scooped him up.
Im also wishing for another staging, this Peter Dundas setting is not cutting it. I liked his lookbooks much more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->