Rooney Mara

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I was going to ask if Hasting was still her stylist, but either way, her looks are so blah and uninspired. It makes me sad because we know what she's capable of. I don't hate this last look, but I do think the jacket is so extraneous and throws it off. It's just a little too heavy/masculine for the dress. I'm hoping there are some more press events because maybe we'll get a good look by accident or change, but probably not lol.

eta: I also wanted to add, this is very strange to me because it did seem that she cared about fashion, given how well she dressed in the 2010s and then starting her own fashion line...I'm pretty sure I read a quote from her somewhere when she was like "I'm not a doll...I'm very involved in my style" etc. but now she doesn't seem to care at all. :huh:
When she promoted Carol, she said: "I think red carpets are really stupid," she laughs. "I love clothes and I love fashion as an art form; I've got a very specific aesthetic and I love picking the outfits out but I hate having to then wear them and be judged on them in such a harsh way. A red carpet is such a bizarre thing." (In conversation with Rooney Mara)

I think this definitely adds up when you see how uncomfortable she stills looks on the red carpet (though I actually loved her grace and poise on the red carpet when she first came onto the scene - it's like she's a different person). I don't understand why she doesn't skip the red carpet when she's there for Joaquin (she did so many red carpets for Joker and Joaquin's award season).

Looking at the dress withtout the jacket, it seems she is wearing the same McQueen dress Vicky Krieps wore to the Phantom Thread premiere but in black? I think Krieps is much taller so the skirt doesn't overwhelm her frame.

sAt9BO6.jpg

gotceleb.com

When she promoted Carol, she said: "I think red carpets are really stupid," she laughs. "I love clothes and I love fashion as an art form; I've got a very specific aesthetic and I love picking the outfits out but I hate having to then wear them and be judged on them in such a harsh way. A red carpet is such a bizarre thing." (In conversation with Rooney Mara)

I think this definitely adds up when you see how uncomfortable she stills looks on the red carpet (though I actually loved her grace and poise on the red carpet when she first came onto the scene - it's like she's a different person). I don't understand why she doesn't skip the red carpet when she's there for Joaquin (she did so many red carpets for Joker and Joaquin's award season).

gotceleb.com

It's clear she's quite uncomfortable on the red carpet, but I more meant her style, because she obviously (at least to me) did have really good style and care about fashion for a while there. And by her own admission she says she loves it and also has that fashion line with her friends. (Although I don't know if she still is involved in that?) Regardless, I definitely don't expect her to be one of those actors who turns up to the opening of an Outback Steakhouse or anything, but it feels to me she's just completely thrown any care for style out of the window.

Rooney Mara attends the Telluride Film Festival on September 02, 2022 in Telluride, Colorado.

e81MN7o.jpg

OgiYZXP.jpg

OBT7le2.jpg

wireimage.com​

At a red carpet event for Women Talking in New York City, 10/10/22
63326071-11301435-Standing_tall_She_stood_on_black_high_heels_and_her_thin_lips_we-a-5_1665456232256.jpg

dailymail.co.uk​

Rooney Mara attends the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences 13th Governors Awards at Fairmont Century Plaza on November 19, 2022 in Los Angeles, California.

d5SKFHM.jpg

dzNlLum.jpg

l8TBOxa.jpg

Rooney Mara attends the Los Angeles Premiere Of "Women Talking" at Samuel Goldwyn Theater on November 17, 2022 in Beverly Hills, California.

ugmoys5.jpg

i74IUs8.jpg

hawtcelebs.com​

Does anyone who the dress from the Governor's Ball is by? I couldn't find it...

And I love that The Row look from the premiere, really sophisticated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiekar
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->