Rosario Nadal

CTstyle

Reaction score
Rosario Nadal is the fashionable, Valentino-clad wife of Bulgaria's handsome Prince Kyril of Preslav. HOLA! says, Wikipedia confirms, they married in September 1989 and have three children: Princesses Mafalda and Olimpia, born in 1994 and 1995, and Prince Tassilo, born in 2002. Her title is HRH Princess Rosario of Bulgaria. She is godmother to Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway and to the daughter of Infanta Cristina of Spain.
kirylrosario7alr9.jpg

bodasplata7anp6.jpg

bautizo8aql8.jpg

rosarionadalagb2.jpg

rosario3bpo9.jpg

rosario1aei4.jpg

rosario2asu6.jpg

rosario4ant5.jpg

rosario6aro5.jpg

SOURCE: WWW.HOLA.COM

She is beautiful lady, but how can she be princess of Bulgaria? Bulgaria is republic.

valentina_z said:
She is beautiful lady, but how can she be princess of Bulgaria? Bulgaria is republic.

This is an easy question to answer. Anyone, please correct me if I get something wrong, though. The previously-exiled royal family was welcomed back (2000?) and the King Simeon II was allowed to maintain his title. He ran for President in an election and was elected. There was an article about it in Vanity Fair sometime ago. It was the issue devoted to all the royals. It said that he is the first monarch in history to participate in a "democratic-type" of election. Obviously you can say whatever you want or make your own decisions about this election, whether it was truly by "the people" or not, I don't know enough about it to say. But suffice it to say, he is actually both nominal king and elected president. Really weird. But anyway, Rosario is his daughter-in-law. His two sons are Prince Kyril, Rosario's husband, and Prince Starts-with-a-K too. I am blanking on the name. Christina or someone?

I love Rosario´s style. It´s difficult to find candids on her but she has great style. In Spain they follow her a lot but outside Spain she´s not too known. Keep the pics coming..

Karma for you CTstyle!

newprincesita said:
I love Rosario´s style. It´s difficult to find candids on her but she has great style. In Spain they follow her a lot but outside Spain she´s not too known. Keep the pics coming..

Karma for you CTstyle!
Why thank you. I was really surprised to learn yesterday that she married Kyril in 1989 because she looks so young. She must be older than she looks, though. Even now, she does not look a day over 30, though she must be.

CTstyle said:
This is an easy question to answer. Anyone, please correct me if I get something wrong, though. The previously-exiled royal family was welcomed back (2000?) and the King Simeon II was allowed to maintain his title. He ran for President in an election and was elected. There was an article about it in Vanity Fair sometime ago. It was the issue devoted to all the royals. It said that he is the first monarch in history to participate in a "democratic-type" of election. Obviously you can say whatever you want or make your own decisions about this election, whether it was truly by "the people" or not, I don't know enough about it to say. But suffice it to say, he is actually both nominal king and elected president. Really weird. But anyway, Rosario is his daughter-in-law. His two sons are Prince Kyril, Rosario's husband, and Prince Starts-with-a-K too. I am blanking on the name. Christina or someone?

We probably shouldnt discuss it here:ninja:
But Simeon was the prime-minister and the leader of ??? party which won elections, not a president. And i dont know what does it mean "nominal king"?
I am sure that Rosario is the princess but not "of Bulgaria"...:unsure:

valentina_z said:
We probably shouldnt discuss it here:ninja:
But Simeon was the prime-minister and the leader of ??? party which won elections, not a president. And i dont know what does it mean "nominal king"?
I am sure that Rosario is the princess but not "of Bulgaria"...:unsure:
Nominal king=just an expression I made up for the purpose. It just means a king without political power. I'm not sure if Bulgaria has a constitution so I didn't want to say constitutional king.
Rosario is technically Princess of Preslav. But her husband has the title Prince Kyril of Bulgaria and Prince of Preslav. I never see Rosario referred to as Princess of Anything though. She is a Royal highness but I always see her just called "Rosario Nadal."
And Simeon II is restored King of bulgaria ?since 2002? But I think Rosario and Kyril live in London. They are always at royal events especially for their good friends the Crown Prince couple of Norway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for this thread! I love Rosario and husband´s style.

Just by looking at her name you know she's from Mallorca, most of Spain's Nadals come from there.

Odette said:
Just by looking at her name you know she's from Mallorca, most of Spain's Nadals come from there.

And I will add to that, she is remarkably popular in the Spanish media, from what I gather. All the pics of her, except those at worldroots and rex features, came from Spanish sites. Isn't there a Spanish tennis player called Nadal as well? Rafael Nadal...:P

Yes, Rafa Nadal too but many more too.

I really don't like her group of friends, to preppy posh. Sorry to say this but Spain's preppy style is the worst with all those polo shirts, pearls a la Tamara Falcó who's simply such a dumb***.

Odette said:
Yes, Rafa Nadal too but many more too.

I really don't like her group of friends, to preppy posh. Sorry to say this but Spain's preppy style is the worst with all those polo shirts, pearls a la Tamara Falcó who's simply such a dumb***.
hehe. This is funny because it wasn't very long ago I was trying to think of Spanish A-list designers. I couldn't do it! Italian and France were as close as I could come. I thought of Oscar de la Renta, but he is not Spanish, is he? I think he is Spanish-American. And of course Carolina Herrera, but she is actually just the pure-Manhattanite wife of a (?) Brazilian or Argentinian, so I can't think of any Spanish HC designers.
Wait! Valentino!! He is Spanish, I think! Rosario was an "art consultant" for Valentino in the 1990's.

CTstyle said:
hehe. This is funny because it wasn't very long ago I was trying to think of Spanish A-list designers. I couldn't do it! Italian and France were as close as I could come. I thought of Oscar de la Renta, but he is not Spanish, is he? I think he is Spanish-American. And of course Carolina Herrera, but she is actually just the pure-Manhattanite wife of a (?) Brazilian or Argentinian, so I can't think of any Spanish HC designers.
Wait! Valentino!! He is Spanish, I think! Rosario was an "art consultant" for Valentino in the 1990's.
Carolina Herrera is from Venezuela, De la renta from Dominican Republic and Valentino from Italy.
I don´t think Rosario wears spanish designers. I guess she receives free clothes from Valentino because she is his muse.

And I agree about her group of friends. They are too posh.

ceci773 said:
Carolina Herrera is from Venezuela, De la renta from Dominican Republic and Valentino from Italy.
I don´t think Rosario wears spanish designers. I guess she receives free clothes from Valentino because she is his muse.

And I agree about her group of friends. They are too posh.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I guess Gwyneth Paltrow, one of Rosario's best friends, is pretty posh, hehe. :P you can see a lot of pics of Gwyneth and Rosario shopping together. They are too posh, too wealthy, too cool. What can you do? :lol:

Rosario Nadal with Marie-Chantal Miller and Valentino at the Valentino party at the Paris Ritz (source: hola)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cherriesheep
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->