Rosier & Ozbek Milano F/W 2004

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
the official calendar is not up yet, still quite exciting news for the 'enlongated' Milano Fashion Week (last week of February 04)

Gilles Rosier will introduce his first signature collection, after 12 years working at Jean Paul Gaultier and three at Kenzo.
“It was easier for us to show in Italy rather than in France, as our business is based here and this is also a way for Gilles to pay homage to the company that supports him,” said Mauro Davico, head of communication at Miroglio, which produces and distributes the Rosier line.
“We are looking at a historical palazzo and aiming at showing either Feb. 27 or 28,” said Davico, adding that the collection will comprise 60 looks, a mix of high-end and couture style and is “not provocative.”
Rosier just opened a showroom in Milan and one in Paris.

Massimo Ferretti, chairman of Aeffe SpA, the luxury goods group that acquired Pollini in 2001 and also produces Alberta Ferretti, Moschino, Narciso Rodriguez and Gaultier, said last week’s appointment of Rifat Ozbek as creative director of Pollini’s women’s clothing line is the “finishing and definitive touch for the relaunch of the brand.” Pollini launched a rtw collection for spring-summer 2003. The brand was originally focused on footwear and accessories, but Aeffe has expanded production to men’s and women’s clothing and focused on retailing. Last year, Pollini boutiques opened in Paris, Moscow, Lugano, Switzerland and Guangzhou, China, in addition to the existing 21 stores. The company plans to open a boutique in Shanghai in March.

extracts from the wwd article of today :flower:

Thanks for the news Lena! Rifat Ozbek is Turkish - just like me :P - and I'm really proud of him. Altough there are a couple of Turkish designers -Dice Kayek (Ayse and Ece Ege), Atil Kutoglu..- going global these days, Rifat was the first who made it- He's good.

hello and welcome to tFS Derin :flower:

We havent seen much of Rifat Ozbek recently so... yes, he's been making news again

as far as Turkish design goes, please dont forget Hussein Chalayan (turkish cypriot) or my fave new turkish design star, Umit Unal do you know his work?
he's fantastic :heart:

I can't believe I forgot to mention Hussein Chalayan! He is very very talented of course.. I actually met him last year in Istanbul and I think he's a very cool guy.. It is impossible to see his collections in Istanbul though.. Umit Unal is also very creative; but his collections are not really my taste. Thanks Lena!

And let's not forget accessories-design duo Yaz and Emel from Yazbukey. Alot of interesting personalities from there,I must agree. Intelligent,creative and always quirky.

Anyway,good news about Gilles Rosier and Rifat Ozbek. Its nice to see the both of them back in action with their own collections. But I don't understand this comment about Gilles.
Gilles Rosier will introduce his first :huh: signature collection, after 12 years working at Jean Paul Gaultier and three at Kenzo. 
He has had a signature collection already since before he took on the design realm of Kenzo.

yes but not in a show (i think)
also Ozbek is just designing a line , not his own collection :P

btw :heart: scott go check your mail :wink:

I THINK HUSSEIN CHALAYAN IS FASCINATING , I CAN'T FORGET HIS WORKS AT " 7 TH ISTANBUL BIANEL" http://www.istfest.org/bienal/index.html

I WAS AMAZED WHEN I SAW HIS " ENVOLOPE / LETTER " DRESSES IN AYA IRINI THAT YEAR ...

I ALSO LUCKY ( LIKE DERIN ) TO MEET HIM HERE IN ISTANBUL . I THINK HE IS MUCH MORE THAN A FASHION DESIGNER ,

HE IS POETIC
HE IS PHILOSOPHER

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->