Rosier & Ozbek Milano F/W 2004

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Lena, Jan 26, 2004.

View Users: View Users
  1. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

the official calendar is not up yet, still quite exciting news for the 'enlongated' Milano Fashion Week (last week of February 04)

extracts from the wwd article of today :flower:

2. Derin

Derin New Member

Thanks for the news Lena! Rifat Ozbek is Turkish - just like me :p - and I'm really proud of him. Altough there are a couple of Turkish designers -Dice Kayek (Ayse and Ece Ege), Atil Kutoglu..- going global these days, Rifat was the first who made it- He's good.

3. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

hello and welcome to tFS Derin :flower:

We havent seen much of Rifat Ozbek recently so... yes, he's been making news again

as far as Turkish design goes, please dont forget Hussein Chalayan (turkish cypriot) or my fave new turkish design star, Umit Unal do you know his work?
    he's fantastic :heart:

4. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

Thank you for keeping us updated, Lena! :flower:

5. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

you are welcome igni :flower:

6. Derin

Derin New Member

I can't believe I forgot to mention Hussein Chalayan! He is very very talented of course.. I actually met him last year in Istanbul and I think he's a very cool guy.. It is impossible to see his collections in Istanbul though.. Umit Unal is also very creative; but his collections are not really my taste. Thanks Lena!

7. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

And let's not forget accessories-design duo Yaz and Emel from Yazbukey. Alot of interesting personalities from there,I must agree. Intelligent,creative and always quirky.

Anyway,good news about Gilles Rosier and Rifat Ozbek. Its nice to see the both of them back in action with their own collections. But I don't understand this comment about Gilles.
    He has had a signature collection already since before he took on the design realm of Kenzo.

8. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

yes but not in a show (i think)
    also Ozbek is just designing a line , not his own collection :p

btw :heart: scott go check your mail ;)

9. e-Tom

e-Tom Guest

I THINK HUSSEIN CHALAYAN IS FASCINATING , I CAN'T FORGET HIS WORKS AT " 7 TH ISTANBUL BIANEL" http://www.istfest.org/bienal/index.html

I WAS AMAZED WHEN I SAW HIS " ENVOLOPE / LETTER " DRESSES IN AYA IRINI THAT YEAR ...

I ALSO LUCKY ( LIKE DERIN ) TO MEET HIM HERE IN ISTANBUL . I THINK HE IS MUCH MORE THAN A FASHION DESIGNER ,

HE IS POETIC
    HE IS PHILOSOPHER