Rtw Designers You'd Like To See Do Hcouture

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
Who, IYO?

Me...
Yohji Yamamoto - most of his work is couture. I really want to see him have his own couture house.

I'll think of more later. :flower:

Bruno Pieters ( sued to do couture I dount think eh still dos, btu he should)
AF Vandervoster
Xavier Delcour

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Dec 25th, 2003 - 4:08 pm
Bruno Pieters ( sued to do couture I dount think eh still dos, btu he should)
That's right! He closed down the HC part of his business to focus on p-a-p. To be honest,I'm glad of that because we seriously need more craft-oriented designers in p-a-p to show that workmanship in the old sense is not just an HC thing.

As for others:

Definitely Tim Van Steenbergen or Olivier Theyskens under his own name. :flower:

Originally posted by chanel_girl@Dec 25th, 2003 - 4:42 pm
Tom Ford
I agree, I'd love to see what ford would do for couture, I'm sure it would be lovely

I don't know if mcqueen's ever done couture but I certainly would like to see that

the couture needs mcqueen...there are a few players that really define today's couture: lagerfeld, galliano, gaultier, and definitely lacroix...i think that mcqueen has both the talent (as shown at givenchy) and vision (shown at everyone of his shows) to keep couture relevant in today's society and desireable

alexander mcqueen.... but didnt he already hav a hand at givenchy.. never really knew him then....

I would love to see Tom Ford do couture. Especially for a fall collection. Imagine the white cashmere coats with beads placed throughout paired with his sig. 4 inch heel. Divine! :rolleyes:

I would also like to see Dominico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana do haute couture. It might get a little messy at times, but it would probably be nothing but showstoppers in their show...

Originally posted by ebowleg@Dec 28th, 2003 - 4:30 pm
I would love to see Tom Ford do couture. Especially for a fall collection. Imagine the white cashmere coats with beads placed throughout paired with his sig. 4 inch heel. Divine! :rolleyes:

I would also like to see Dominico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana do haute couture. It might get a little messy at times, but it would probably be nothing but showstoppers in their show...
I AGREE :clap:

Couture is'nt all not about beading and seeding and showstopping over the topness. Couture is about original ideas which Tom Ford lacks. And Dom and Stef? PLEASE :yuk: We already have Atlier Versace :sick:

As I meantioned in a thread months back:
I don't really understand why the Chambre Syndicale de la Couture (French fashion's governing body) invited Versace to show Haute Couture in Paris. He takes ideas from everyone, understood what he was ripping off, and coated it in bright, beaded iconography and gold Orton mesh so that when it came out again no one could ignore it. His designed Pop Art dresses when Yves Saint Laurent's Mondrian Dresses and even Warhol's paper screen dresses got there first by 20 years ago or so. Rubberised minidresses channel Pierre Cardin; oversized, asymmetrical men's suits recall Yamamoto. His skintight leathers? Purely Alaia. Even Versace's revival of ruching for S/S 1997 - a trend that still doesn't show signs of stopping - can be traced to the classical draperies of Madame Gres. Versace tooks fashion's greatest hits, pumped them up, and gave them immediacy by linking them to a parade to famous bodies.

That kind of work cannot definetly be Haute Couture. It's all about originality and new ideas.

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Dec 29th, 2003 - 1:43 am
Couture is'nt all not about beading and seeding and showstopping over the topness. Couture is about original ideas which Tom Ford lacks. And Dom and Stef? PLEASE :yuk: We already have Atlier Versace :sick:

could you imagine........?
speechless-smiley-040.gif

tom is wayyyyy to much of a business man -no couture for tom . no.

Anyway, this thread is about what RTW designers you'd like to see do Haute Couture, not what you think of them...
I'd like to see Roberto Cavalli and Michael Kors do couture. I am really interested to see what kind of sensibility Michael would bring to couture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugsrat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"