Rubber Handbags

Discussion in 'Handbags' started by italianice283, Jan 27, 2004.

1. AlmostFamous

AlmostFamous Active Member

Jaqueline was right...

I was at a job for Nylon last August, and this model came in with this weird plastic looking hot pink bag. I told her I really liked it. And she said, "just wait, tay, this things are going to be HUGE. They are kind of big over in Europe. Jelly Kelly/Kelly Jelly *WHATEVER THEY ARE! haha*, remember it tay!" haha I almost pee-ed myself, she got so excited when talking about it. She was right.

Now she doesn't carry hers anymore. ;)

2. southerncutie

southerncutie New Member

Luna- I know the bag you're talking about- it's cute in a way... I've been using my bag as a book bag at school! It's really actually quite cute in a way.... ha ha I :heart: my bag- I just don't carry it as a purse anymore...

3. strawberry daiquiri

strawberry daiquiri seagreen serenades

I like props which look edible

4. charmstrap

charmstrap New Member

I think they're cute but just not my style. My new spring bag is:

[​IMG]

from the Gap.

5. Luna

Luna offline.

Love the fact that the Gap has a MJ designer in there now. the accessories have improved a lot from waht they used to have.
    I bought the "Lucky" white cord. version of that bag.. Love it.. it's a great size.

Southern Cutie: I've yet to see the bag in person.. is the rubber very stiff or flexible? I'm just very confused about that bag.. it makes me go: :blink: :huh:

6. whereisthatsusu

whereisthatsusu New Member

i personally do'nt like them much...

i don't think they're selling very well, i was shopping in miami (south beach) in december and came across a little store (forget the name) that carried like 10 of these for half off

7. Choisir

Choisir New Member

I goto a private high school and *everyone* is using those jelly kellys as shoulder bags instead of backpacks, so I can't really see anyone other than teenage preppy girls wearing them.

Oh and charmstrap that's a really nice find at the gap! I thought it was MJ's personal line at first.

8. southerncutie

southerncutie New Member

Luna- mine is sort of flexible-ish, but still retains its shape (BTW- I traded in the Jelly Kelly for a North Face purse- another perfect preppy accessory~!:woot:)

Choisir- I agree with you about the whole preppy-ness of it.... as a prep- they just look sooo good with a pink lacoste and khakis w/ clark wallabees... :heart: :heart:

I'd really recommend these bags to anyone- just remember- you can get a jelly kelly knockoff for like, 5 USD!! (So it's a fake of a "copy"?) :yuk:

9. southerncutie

southerncutie New Member

Luna- mine is sort of flexible-ish, but still retains its shape (BTW- I traded in the Jelly Kelly for a North Face purse- another perfect preppy accessory~!:woot:)

Choisir- I agree with you about the whole preppy-ness of it.... as a prep- they just look sooo good with a pink lacoste and khakis w/ clark wallabees... :heart: :heart:

I'd really recommend these bags to anyone- just remember- you can get a jelly kelly knockoff for like, 5 USD!! (So it's a fake of a "copy"?) :yuk:

10. Gobi

Gobi New Member

They are hideous IMO! I would never buy one... :sick:

11. agpb26

agpb26 New Member

Not a fan...

12. BagGal

BagGal New Member

[​IMG]

eek. the things you'll find on ebay :lol:

13. tealady

tealady New Member

:shock: Very scary!!! :shock:

14. banana

banana New Member

I have been looking for those suede messenger bags and can't find any at the GAP locations in my area. Do you know if they sell them in Canada?

15. ~*BabyPhat Princess*~

I'm going to get one for the spring i'm buy a guess one tho there's are so... cute :p

16. Luna

Luna offline.

That's one damn large signature... I thought he was going to be carrying a jelly kelly.. and i was strangely intrigued.. what a disappointment.

17. BagGal

BagGal New Member

:lol:

yes, it is a large signature

18. Cicciolina

Cicciolina New Member

I'm getting this one [​IMG] from www.revolveclothing.com - I'm in Australia and hardly ANYONE knows what they are and I've only ever seen one been used (by a friend's mum, when she doesn't want to trash around her real Kelly :eyeroll: :p ) They're retailing in shops for about USD150 here and there aren't many colours or styles available either. I think it's a good cheap, durable bag to carry around books - I want a little dog to put in it too!

19. Luna

Luna offline.

Don't think a little dog would be able to breathe very well in that.

I can get one here for 5 bucks... wouldn't pay 150 for one... even if it was a "good" one.

:rolleyes:

20. silverclover

silverclover New Member

hello everyone, I was wondering, where can I find an inexpensive decent rubber/jelly handbag? :unsure: