Runway Makeup S/S 10

Chanel

kdmy9s.jpg
11bsmr7.jpg

otqcrr.jpg

Source: style.com and vogue.co.uk

Love the blush at Chanel, the whole look is pretty :heart: I guess we can expect that nail polish to appear at our counters next season...it's nice but there are quite a few colours like that now already :unsure:

does anybody know what lipstick they used at the giambattista valil show?
it's such a beautiful orange-red!!

To skirt the challenging line between eighteenth-century teen queen and farmer’s daughter, Philips turned to soft, blend-able shades, serving up flawless skin and some of the best cheeks we’ve seen this month. The latter came courtesy of Chanel Joues Contraste Blush in Imprévu, which is part of his as-yet-unreleased spring color collection. Citing “purity” and “natural beauty” as forthcoming trends, Philips has taken an optimistic view of the fate of makeup as we slowly climb out of economic decline. “I see a positive approach,” he surmised. “Effortless and beautiful.”

style.com

I love the pale, flawless foundation look at Chanel. The nail polish is amazing too. Looks a lot like this shade I own :D

^Whoa, what on earth is that stuff on their faces?

I kind of want to put some on my flat nose. Then my glasses will stop sliding down every 2 minutes... :shifty:

^ Prosthetics.

Alexander McQueen’s Creatures Of The Deep

October 7, 2009

There are times when conceptual art, rather than actual wearability, can resonate backstage as much as on the runway. Yesterday was one such occasion, when Alexander McQueen presented his Plato’s Atlantis collection, enlightening his hair and makeup team on the wonders of alien movies, Art Nouveau, and Darwinism—all of which informed his Spring presentation. In response, Redken’s Guido Palau and makeup artist Peter Philips crafted looks that were more about a feast for the eyes than anything else. “Some things are like couture,” noted Palau of his intricate amphibious coifs. “It’s a fantasy that’s there to inspire people.” Setting any notions of at-home duplication aside for a moment, Palau’s winged ‘dos and interwoven braids were awe-inspiring for their theatrical nature, which could place them comfortably in a sci-fi super-production—less so in real life. The makeup story unfolded in a similar manner, progressing from a uniform beige base to full-on prosthetics for an homage to otherworldly (or, rather, underworldly) creatures. To capture a certain extraterrestrial allure, Peter Philips started with shiny foundations to even out skin tone and to blank out brows, as is popular practice these days. He followed that up with varying warm and cool shades of Chanel and MAC pigments to conjure “evolutionary” skin tones and shapes. Not necessarily everyday wear, per se, but definitely handy inspiration with All Hallows’ Eve just around the corner.
—Tina Isaac
Source: Style.com (Beauty Counter Blog)

John Galliano

Makeup artist: Pat McGrath

2crrfqd.jpg
wivyp2.jpg

24dq6o6.jpg
1492ycn.jpg

24oxfn9.jpg
219cf9f.jpg

Source: Style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved the makeup at Fendi and Chanel, just beautiful :heart:

I have a soft spot for both the Dior and Galliano show makeup though :blush:

I love the doll face at Louis Vuitton :

00100m.jpg

^_^

source : style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm liking the Chanel, Lanvin and Chloe ones. Shouldn't we have a post for the hair from the shows too?

Is this lipstick Mac Snob at Topshop Unique show? It seems lighter color :ermm:

insideout.topshop.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->