Runway Makeup S/S 10

All right, my two cents...

LOVE the L.A.M.B. neon yellow/green eyeliner. Freaking awesome.

Really dig the reddish eyeshadow at Ports 1961... Like, too, that it works on a fair-skinned girl like me (proof is in the photos).

Makeup at Jason Wu is flawless - you cannot go wrong with bold lips, IMO.

Looking at a bottle of Essie's polish from their Neon collection to me is so inspiring... I'm off to order a couple of bottles to try out (so excited..)..

Love Missoni's coral lips..

Thought Prada's lip was gorgeous, and reminds me of the color I have by Prestige - "Poppy" - that was used on J Crew's models for the wedding collection..

Omg I was just looking at the Vivienne Westwood makeup and I almost sh*t myself. Now I'm scared :lol:

I loved miu miu's minamalist palette but popping it upwith those gorgeous lashes.

Lipstick at Dior

I actually thought the makeup at Dior was really good. The use of the white eyeliner on the bottom eye rim and the highlighter on the skin was very brightening. My favorite was the red lipstick--a really good true red, not too orange and not too blue which is very difficult to get right. Does anyone know the shade used?

Can anyone tell me what they used on the skin at Versace?

00300m.jpg

style.com

Anyone knows what blush they use at the chanel show? It's so gorgeous.

Also, what shade of red is that at the dior show? Very nice and pretty.

would love to know the exact lipstick shade used at prada..the orange/red.

^ Pat McGrath.

Rock and Rebellion at Yohji Yamamoto
Posted Friday October 2, 2009
Last Edited Sunday October 4, 2009
From WWD.COM

“They wanted something rock ’n roll and rebellious,” explained makeup artist Pat McGrath backstage at Yohji Yamamoto, where she conceived a theatrical, graphic and textured look.

Rectangular blocks of color surrounded models’ eyes and feathers of a matching hue were affixed to their eyebrows. Faces were smudged with white.

“It’s kind of Gene Simmons meets ‘Corpse Bride’ meets ‘Alien’ meets ‘Predator,’” explained hairstylist Eugene Souleiman of his wild coif creations.

Part of models’ hair was set with pins to get a matted texture and spray was added for a dry and dull look.

“Obviously, it is not glamorous in any way,” said Souleiman. “[The models] look like they’re in a theatrical kind of rock band.”
Source: wwd.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"