Runway Mishaps

ebowleg

Reaction score
What are your favorite fashion mishaps? They can be a horrible outfit a celeb wore, or just something that you find to be a fashion mistake...Post pictures, stories etc...My favorite fashion mishap was when Karolina Kurkova fell at the Versace F/W 02 Couture show (I know that it isn't the nicest thing, but most fashion mishaps aren't)

versace6.jpg

I don't really have a fav one - but about karolina falling down, I'm torn. On one hand it's funny but I feel bad for her it must have been embarassing :blush:

I think it's so cute when they fall :D (thinks of sex and the city episode...) I just hope they don't hurt themselves...

But it does keeps them... grounded, so to speak :P

makes them look less like powerful super-human mind-controlling beautiful vixens that media/everyone sets them out to be... "models fall too!"

If I ever become a designer (yeah right) in every show I will have one model intentionally fall (without hurting herself), and it'd be a surprise who it was every season :smile:

She is the same girl that stumbled at his Haute Couture show for Fall 2003. Hmm :huh:

Originally posted by Nader@Jan 3rd, 2004 - 7:42 pm
I think it's so cute when they fall :D (thinks of sex and the city episode...) I just hope they don't hurt themselves...

But it does keeps them... grounded, so to speak :P

makes them look less like powerful super-human mind-controlling beautiful vixens that media/everyone sets them out to be... "models fall too!"

If I ever become a designer (yeah right) in every show I will have one model intentionally fall (without hurting herself), and it'd be a surprise who it was every season :smile:
I know my models are all going to be falling. I'm all about the sky-high fetish heels, and I would not mind sending the girls out in 8-inchers.

Originally posted by Salvatore@Jan 3rd, 2004 - 8:48 pm
She is the same girl that stumbled at his Haute Couture show for Fall 2003. Hmm :huh:
Oh, that's so sad! Does anyone remember how Michelle Deswarte stumbled FIVE times on Gucci's fur runway for fall 2002?! I think oftentimes, if a girl isn't established enough, a tumble at a really high profile show can ruin a career.

She doesn't have any shoes on. :wacko:
100062661.jpg

Originally posted by chickonspeed+Jan 3rd, 2004 - 10:20 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chickonspeed @ Jan 3rd, 2004 - 10:20 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Salvatore@Jan 3rd, 2004 - 8:48 pm
She is the same girl that stumbled at his Haute Couture show for Fall 2003. Hmm  :huh:
Oh, that's so sad! Does anyone remember how Michelle Deswarte stumbled FIVE times on Gucci's fur runway for fall 2002?! I think oftentimes, if a girl isn't established enough, a tumble at a really high profile show can ruin a career. [/b][/quote]
:shock: Yes. Poor her. She had to carry her shoes. :(

00046.L.JPG

Originally posted by Salvatore@Jan 3rd, 2004 - 6:16 pm
Not sure who this model is, but I was pretty sure someone would fall on the Dior shoes. :shock:
yeah thats what i would say. the entire show. they all tripped but that girl fell flat on her face.

it was beautiful.

yet ironic.

Alek Wek almost broke her ankle when walking on those dior shoes. :blink:

That Gucci show was a disaster waiting to happen. LOOK what they are walking on. Heels can easily get caught in that sheepskin, or whatever that is. It would be "sad" if they girl just sat there. But, they always get up. No one is really ever laughing at them. Its funny when anyone falls, even if it isn't on a runway.

It happens to the best of them. :smile:

I forget what show I was watching but they briefly talked about models falling and stuff and showed a lot of girls who just can't walk in the shoes so they just take them off which i think looks fine tool.

Originally posted by Salvatore@Jan 4th, 2004 - 1:07 pm
Alek Wek almost broke her ankle when walking on those dior shoes. :blink:
I don't blame her, either.
Fetish heels ain't Easy Spirits!

Originally posted by AlmostFamous@Jan 4th, 2004 - 1:59 pm
That Gucci show was a disaster waiting to happen. LOOK what they are walking on. Heels can easily get caught in that sheepskin, or whatever that is. It would be "sad" if they girl just sat there. But, they always get up. No one is really ever laughing at them. Its funny when anyone falls, even if it isn't on a runway.

I don't think it's sheepskin. That would've been extremely expensive. And I mean extremely. It was nonetheless, "a disaster waiting to happen," as you put it. And whomever designed that set was on crack. Five inch heels and textured surfaces such as that do not mix!

Dewi had a little trip at the Fall 2003 Dior HC show. Yasmin Warsame's shoe came off and I think it fell into the audience at the Dior Spring 2004 show because she was walking back bare-foot. :shock:

Originally posted by brian+Jan 4th, 2004 - 3:49 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brian @ Jan 4th, 2004 - 3:49 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-AlmostFamous@Jan 4th, 2004 - 1:59 pm

I don't think it's sheepskin. That would've been extremely expensive. And I mean extremely. It was nonetheless, "a disaster waiting to happen," as you put it. And whomever designed that set was on crack. Five inch heels and textured surfaces such as that do not mix! [/b][/quote]
it looks like velvet

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k3lse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->