Runway Mishaps

Def. Lara Stone :(

72080221.jpg

www.style.com

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 8:58:00 AM
GRAND GESTURE

After the first ten models at the Karl Lagerfeld show slipped on a runway as slick as their patent leather platforms, the last one falling (a runway trend), Vanity Fair's Elizabeth Saltzman Walker intervened. Grabbing a tissue from her Chanel bag, she gave the catwalk a quick swipe. It didn't really solve the problem, but it must be nice for the girls to know that someone's got their backs.
Nicole Phelps

Ten girls!

Could someone maybe give me an idea, is it considered like A REALLY BIG DEAL for a model to stumble and fall on the runway? Obviously I know it's emberassing and possibly painful, but do designers look down on that? And would that model have a hard time booking another show?

I feel so bad for the ones who fall. :(

^i think it depends on who you are. if you're a bigname model like stam or hana, then perhaps it might not matter as much. but it might if you're lesser known. well that's my take on it anyway :smile:

this has been a particularly mishapy season, or is it just my idea?, first elise and from her, they go on and on...

MyNameIs said:
Could someone maybe give me an idea, is it considered like A REALLY BIG DEAL for a model to stumble and fall on the runway? Obviously I know it's emberassing and possibly painful, but do designers look down on that? And would that model have a hard time booking another show?

I feel so bad for the ones who fall. :(

as far as i know it doesn´t matter, because most of the times is not even their fault (have you ever tried catwalking on a slipery floor, with shoes that aren´t your sise and make your legs feel stiff?^_^), actually i´ve never seen a full show on tv without it at least having one very small mishap, they are so extremely common that fashionistas say you won´t become a top until you drop!

fleur137 said:
^i think it depends on who you are. if you're a bigname model like stam or hana, then perhaps it might not matter as much. but it might if you're lesser known. well that's my take on it anyway :smile:

Yah. I agree. I mean Stam had a HUGE fall at Chloe (chloe of all collections) last season and her career hasn't suffered from it. Elise's career probably won't be affected by her slip this season either. Actually, a big model's fall humanizes them to the masses a bit....^_^

j´adore dior said:
this has been a particularly mishapy season, or is it just my idea?, first elise and from her, they go on and on...
has elise slipped before prior to this season? i don't seem to recall her slipping in a long time...

TheGlassAngel said:
Yah. I agree. I mean Stam had a HUGE fall at Chloe (chloe of all collections) last season and her career hasn't suffered from it. Elise's career probably won't be affected by her slip this season either. Actually, a big model's fall humanizes them to the masses a bit....^_^
Yeah and if they pick themselves back up and carry on professionally as if nothing happened, then it's a great sign of their professionalism and ability to bounce back.

All of my models will wear flats and carry walking sticks, I have decided. :D

^:lol:
and all designers will personally make sure the runway is not slippery

thanks for the video zembla!, i´m sure Elisabeth´s appearance will make on the top 5 ackward moments next summer at fashion file´s season review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->