RuPaul’s Drag Race

...well, I'm not surprised Chad one. A part of me was hoping it would've gone to Raven. Homegurl is too fierce.

I almost always go for who does their make-up the best..because, after all, it's the make-up that REALLY transforms a man into a woman. (cough-cough..Carmen)

That being said..I'm glad Chad won as well, as I figured (s)he would. As entertaing as Raven is, it's that make-up that makes me uncomfortable. Way too much white paint, so much so that it almost looks gray (and wearing a clear mask over it doesn't help). It just always looks "hard". She could learn a few tricks from Carmen Carrera from season 3.

And Shannel is good, I guess..but her outfits are just soooo overdone. Take last night's episode for example, with that red outfit & red headpiece..She looked more like a drag-crab and not a drag-queen. I was waiting for her to come popping out of my screen while with a funny voice, saying "Crab People..Crab People..Crab People."

Good times :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Chad's coronation somewhere in WeHo..I JUST saw a link somewhere for the YT clip, but I totally lost it now. (src: RuPaul's All-Star Drag Race FB page)
534571_233268423470682_948340327_n.jpg

^ Same here, I'm not excited by an of the queens. But I will probably watch most of the season too because its so crazy and I love Ru.

^^Me three. The only one that really piques my interest is Detox..but that's only because of her association w/ Willam in his Chick-Fil-A video.

And is it me, but does the new cast look incredibly young..like, fresh out of high-school?

Season 5 contestant Ivy Winters

..who also designs costumes for Lady Bunny & Manila Luzon.
tumblr_mdveko4zfR1qc7k83o1_500.jpg

(src: blackandwhitestriped tumblr)

is anyone watching? I haven't been keeping up, only saw the first episode. I wasn't so impressed. Is it worth catching up?

is anyone watching? I haven't been keeping up, only saw the first episode. I wasn't so impressed. Is it worth catching up?

If you like drama, its definitely worth catching up because this season is FULL of it. It's not the best season there has been because it is heavily focused on the drama and some of the arguments have been dragged out far too much.
I wouldn't say its worth catching up but its one of those things if you have nothing to do then you might as well watch it.

hmm I guess I will skip it. I cannot stand the drama on some of these shows. Thanks Greenway :flower:

Yeah, there does seem to be a bit more drama than usual, but I think the contestants are purposely playing it up in an attempt for more showtime. And the quality of drag isn't as good as previous seasons, and the contestants don't have that same TV-presence/charisma as others did. It's still good and I still tune in, but it's certainly not in my standard Must See this time around. You're better off just tuning into a marathon on a lazy Sunday.

That's true, in the first episode I saw the queens didn't seen to be as charismatic as previous contestants. That's really what made the show so good.

that's exactly it. I find myself just not caring about the show anymore because it's beyond ridiculous with all the gratuitous de-rama.

Detox/Season 5..that's actual MAKE-UP! (src: starcasm.net)

bbdc238750cc408b94bc7e8cc2305ca1_zpsd0c3edca.jpg
1452649d2d814742b2a1544b2073004e_zpsc8fa6974.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
^ wow

I have actually watched about 6 episodes of this season. Its okay. I do have a few queens I like. One of them is Detox :lol:

I'm glad that Jinkx won (well, #teamanyonebutroxxxy), but they really need to step-up how they do the finale.

It was so dreadfully boring.

Really? I haven't seen it. I adore Jinkx Monsoon. She is awesome and so cute. I love her regular undrag style. So happy she won! better then Roxxy, she had the looks but horrid attitude. I really like Ivy Winters and Alaska too.

I'm so glad Jinkx won as well! She deserved it. Not only is she gorgeous, but she is actually talented. That's something Roxxy lacked, imo. Alaska was a great throughout the season, but I think Jinkx is far more worthy of the crown. Now, I so can't wait for Alyssa's spinoff!

^ Is it really happening? I saw Shangela sitting with Abbey Lee Miller in the reunion. I know Alyssa is Shangela's drag mother so I figured that this relation helps with Alyssa's show especially if it focuses on her as a dance instructor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lamballe
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->