Russh Australia Issue 21 : Tasha Tilberg by Paul Empson

It ain't Russh without cut-off denim, ****-bearing, hippy-haired overload. That's why I love every issue can't wait to read this.

just got the mag, first thing i noticed was waaaaaaay more advertising than ever! And also crap devoted to dotti and etc... I do love the articles though! Charlotte's presense is definitely missing

Anyone feel its a bit more grown up? Or notice that they are now using more established models in the fashion stories ? Aline Weber opened Balenciaga , Flavia is having a stellar show season and Tasha........ !!! She is just to cool and beautiful. It feels like the fashion is more mature but still very RUSSH .

And this AFTER Charlotte's departure. Seems odd. Maybe things happen for a reason.

Thoughts?

I wish Russh could be shipped abroad, but unfortunately it only ships within Australia :cry:

i see half the mag has been scanned! :D ..i ve got it & like it (obviously) but i feel its a bit "safe" in following exactly how the others are :Si still love cutting it to shreds for making collages etc :smile:

Why did Charlotte leave????

I have also noticed the lack of Australian models in the editorials. That was what I really loved about Russh as they supported everything that is Australian, and even featured models that they believed in before they became big names such as Catherin McNeil and Abbey Lee.

I believe this is the first time they used models from OS.

No that's not true. It is definitely not the first time.

They have used overseas models at least 3 issues ago.

It started with one editorial in the magazine. Now all the editorials feature international models. Even the last few covers have been international models, not Australian like they often used to.

It's not a bad thing, but i have noticed a definite shift.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a difference between international girls who go to Australia to get tears sheets and using A level models like Flavia & Aline. Most of the girls who go there are B level in the world of modeling and mags. The covers I agree with but , guess what? The magazine is selling heaps more as a result and , if you really want RUSSH to survive , thats what its going to take. Top models sell Magazines.

I do think RUSSH should never turn its back on the Australian market and still be pioneers in finding the next great models from Australia . After all RUSSH used Cathrine Mc Neil way before Vogue ever did and that says a lot.

A healthy mix is really the way to go to sustain some kind of longevity.

Lets just see if they last.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now all the editorials feature international models.

Zippora is from NZ, and it could just be me, but I consider NZ models, such as her and Katie B, as kinda homegrown too in a way (even though strictly speaking they aren't)—I'm always happy when they get edits/covers/runway appearances just as I would be for an Aussie model.

And the last couple of issues they have been using predominantly Aussie models in editorials (Shanay, Vanessa, Cassie to name a few). I think it's refreshing to see some top international models for once—seeing as though we rarely see them in original edits in other mags (ie Vogue).

I agree with FStop, that a healthy mix is the best way to go.

Why did Charlotte leave????

I have also noticed the lack of Australian models in the editorials. That was what I really loved about Russh as they supported everything that is Australian, and even featured models that they believed in before they became big names such as Catherin McNeil and Abbey Lee.
They used Tallulah Morton quite a bit as well before she started working overseas.

i love the article on the stylists. stylist are overlooked sometimes and it was a nice feature on them.

I wish Russh could be shipped abroad, but unfortunately it only ships within Australia :cry:

Where did you get that info:unsure:I've seen at Border's in the States & my local independent mag store also stocks it.

:flower:

They do sell overseas. Although not nearly as frequently as they should. Not sure they do anymore . Has anyone actually seen the last 3 issues sold over there?

I really like this magazine! Do anybody know where to buy in Sweden?

^ Disregard comment above.
I found a subscription to Russh from the United States available on Amazon for nearly 150 bucks (a little too much for 6 issues.)

Thanks though :flower:

do you know where its sold in europe?
i've wanted it for so long. but in milan...no way they dont carry it
:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"