Russh Japan October 2008 : Iekeliene Stange by Sonny Vandevelde

tarsha

Reaction score

Doing a Iek

I had to stop myself from going mental in the magazine section of Kinokuniya Bookstore which is literally a stone's throw away from me here in San Francisco. Since the sad diminishing of the bookstore in Japan Centre in London, I haven't been able to get so much as a common Cutie magazine let alone more obscure titles. So I had to stop myself from grabbing every single magazine and stuffing them in my tote before indulging in red bean ice cream next door (ok, that's a lie....I got the red bean ice cream...). Russh is an Aussie title that I can BARELY find in London so picking up the Japanese version I thought would be quite interesting.
Turns out the issue has gone Iekeliene Stange crazy.

I'm not really a modeliser per se, knowing only a handful of names but I was glad to see the Iek doing more shows this season and of course having her off-kilter pose/dress style captured by various streetstyle photographers. Russh Japan are in love with Iek so much, they've dedicated a good half to Iek's style; apparently she is lolita, psychedelic, folklore, mermaid, hippie, wrestling, spacy, rock and classical all at the same time, despite some of those words being verbs and musical genres. Having seen her flittering around quite a few times now, I can attest, she is indeed a lot of those things, all at the same time. In true Japanese-fash-mag style, formulas are given for how to get the Iek look and surprisingly, I tick some of the boxes even though I'm none of the things highlighted above...

You need...
A short mini pink dress, some ker-razy leggings, a mini handbag, flat lace-ups, hang some toy charms around your neck and perch a beret on your head and some geek glasses et voila... look a la Iek.

models.com
Iekeline's thread on tFS, posted by Frida via Sonny Photos & stylebubble.typepad.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Iekeline's thread on tFS, posted by Frida via Sonny Photos & stylebubble.typepad.com

Last edited by a moderator:

beautiful cover [even with all that text, iekeliene makes up for it]

I thought this was new (without looking at thread title) and thought Iekeliene has dyed her hair back :ninja:

^ I couldn't find any issues after february 2009.

Does anyone knows if Russh Japan was closed?

I'm not sure but I just visited their website and it says "Under Construction"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->