Russian Fashion Week

thanks for the artciles an dpics, I hope this keeps geting press :flower: :heart: :woot:

help..
bumping this thread since i'm interested in scouting new Russian designers..

does anyone familiar with the Russian scene has any suggestions/links from new and exciting designers -apart from nina.donis?
will be much appreciated :flower:

Slava Zaitsev and Valentin Yudashkin were the first ones to break out after the fall of communism. Right now Denis Simachev is the most popular one, I guess. I really don't like him, though. There is also Volga Volga (you can find a bit about them on www.leform.ru), Olga Kapustina. I don't know that much about the scene in general. _7_ should know more, he works in a high-end Moscow boutique.

Volga Volga,indeed is a good one. He trained at Yohji Yamamoto my friend told me some time ago....he spends alot of time Japan as well.

My other favourite besides Nina Donis...well,not Russian but Ukranian designer Viktoria Krasnova. I don't know what she's been doing in recent seasons since after posting this thread but I really enjoyed what she's done. There's also that adorable Belarussian label A&V,that I like.

ok, guys, thanks a lot :flower:
if anyone has any more to suggest (mainly your russian friend scott) please do
i'll be checking this thread up :wink:

I heard the Astra: Russian Style and Fashion Awards are in the making as well.

Lena,here's some pictures from Viktoria's A/W 05-06 collection,I found on RFW site.

ATP_7966.jpg
ATP_7972.jpg
ATP_7990.jpg
ATP_8021.jpg
ATP_8075.jpg

I'll try to get my friend to come on here(if he doesn't see this already)to give you some suggestions.

Correction: A&V is not Belarussian but actually Lithuanian...sorry :blush:

Last edited by a moderator:
scott, i just checked and Victoria K. has been on my list as well, she's quite talented indeed.. (going slowly through Russian FW list.. zzz)
what do u think about artishock ???

thanks for the scouting, looking forward for more :flower:

I haven't even looked at artishock yet...a bit slow indeed....I wish they had thumbnail preview's so one can look at whatever strikes them first...rather than going through all of them as they are.

de rien,mademoiselle Lena! (trying to get things sticking in my head so I'll remember :lol:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->