Russian Fashion Week

Scott

Stitch:the Hand
Reaction score
RFW was two weeks ago and I recieved a few pics from the event. I see alot of potential in these two in particular. Victoria Krasnova(Ukranian)and NinaDonis. No one talks much about such designers so I wanted to bring a bit more attention to them.

NinaDonis

Sorry for all the seperate posts :blush:

Victoria Krasnova

:heart: :woot: love the nina donis stuff. Thanks for the pics scott, i love seeing shows from other places :flower:

Krasova like red, and Krasna means red in Russian. Interesting. her design is pretty futuristic though. like a cyber school girl.

Originally posted by GivenchyGal@Nov 19th, 2003 - 8:46 pm
Krasova like red, and Krasna means red in Russian. Interesting. her design is pretty futuristic though. like a cyber school girl.
My friend in Moscow(who sent these to me) tells me she reminds him alot of Dries Van Noten because her approach is actually quite folkloric,really :unsure:

Originally posted by mehg@Nov 19th, 2003 - 8:08 pm
:heart: :woot: love the nina donis stuff. Thanks for the pics scott, i love seeing shows from other places :flower:
Me too,Mehg :heart:

This one is my fave. Looks like the Boudicca dress from sometime ago called "the mourning dress".

greta topic, cool clothes scott* thanks for sharing :flower:

i think Nina Donis took part at the Hyeres festival last year, i certainly remember this name, cool stuff and yes, a bit Dries Van Noten-ish :heart:

:woot: Absolutely adore the first three and last picture you posted, Scott. :heart: Thank you for bringing NinaDonis to my attention.

Wow! :woot: Very intresting designers at Russian Fashion Week. I really see some potential. :wink:

NinaDonis has cool but wearable stuff. Victoria Krasnova, on the other had, definetly has some ethnic Russian there and a bit of Dries.

Thanks for this Scott! :flower:

:heart: I'm very interested in Nina Donis' work !Thanks,Scott :wink:

Lena,same year Christian Wijnants won first prize,right? I can't remember the collection but I remember the name because I quite liked it. I'm happy it was brought to my attention once again because I have some feelings this is the one whose work will begin to really take off. Despite some references,I find it rather strong.

I think the main thing in comparison to Dries about Krasnova's work is her ability to reinterpret Ethnic forms etc. rather than borrowing. Dries,of course, does that better than anyone.

Russia is such a dark and sad country so its nice to see this kind of expression and strength coming from there. Kind of like Belgium in the way that it was mostly known for chocolates, diamonds and two artists, before fashion became a comodity of International culture. I see Russia as a country that might produce alot of interesting things in the future.

Glad you all enjoyed :wink:

i agree on russian talent
Russia has some amazing artists, people are in general cultured in Russia, art comes naturaly.

i prefer Nina's work, Krasnova also reminds me an older central european collection of Andrew Gn, maybe three seasons ago :wink:

Originally posted by Lena@Nov 20th, 2003 - 12:28 pm
i agree on russian talent
Russia has some amazing artists, people are in general cultured in Russia, art comes naturaly.

i prefer Nina's work, Krasnova also reminds me an older central european collection of Andrew Gn, maybe three seasons ago :wink:
Fantastic photogs too!

I can see the Gn references. I just hope they'll be able to adjust into their own style once they get into it a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->