Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes Expecting First Child

Nefertiti87

Reaction score
Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes Expecting First Child

The rumors are true: Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes are having a baby!

The actress is pregnant and due in October, PEOPLE confirms. This will be the first child for both actors, who played parents in their 2012 drama The Place Beyond the Pines.

The stars began dating in 2011, though they haven’t been photographed together since November — and Mendes hasn’t been photographed in public since March.

A friend of Mendes’s tells PEOPLE that while the actress had said in the past she wasn’t planning to get married or have children, “with Ryan things are different … she’s very independent but she’s content with her partner. She finally found the person she really wants to be with.”

Both Mendes, 40, and Gosling, 33, prefer to keep their relationship private, playing coy when asked about their love lives. But the expectant mom did gush about her beau’s acting abilities in the March 2012 issue of Marie Claire.

“He’s your dream costar,” she told the magazine of working with Gosling in The Place Beyond the Pines. “I have never felt so creatively satisfied on a film. He’s amazing.”

The couple more recently collaborated on Gosling’s directorial debut, Lost River, which premiered at Cannes this year.

His leading lady has shot down pregnancy rumors in the past, telling Ellen DeGeneres in February, “It all started because I didn’t want to go through the scanners at the airport.”
People.com

Congrats for the baby, I always like how they kept their relationship away from the media. :smile:

That's great for them! Congratulation!
I hope she has a save pregnancy and delivery.

All women collectively faint.

Not just women -_- Mhhhmmmm...

I don't get what he sees in her, I got to be around her and she's such an unpleasant woman.

Good for them I guess...

Not just women -_- Mhhhmmmm...

I don't get what he sees in her, I got to be around her and she's such an unpleasant woman.

Good for them I guess...

not to mention her very hit & miss sense of style.

sigh... oh well... good for them.

i'm off to eat something bitter, radishes maybe. :rolleyes:^_^:lol:

If anyone is lucky, it's him. Now this beige, beady-eyed, reasonably talented, somewhat beefcake will also get christened as a DILF. I can already see the pap shots and women fainting at him doing things every other father, celeb or not, does.
Their child is going to be incredibly gorgeous or incredibly not

Good for them! There was that blind item a few months ago and no doubt it was about them (the one that said some actor guy really wanted kids but the woman was not so sure due to health problems, and one of the clues was that everyone wants them to breakup). It amuses me how many women dislike her intensely because of him. Is he really that great? I think he's a decent actor but lookswise, very overrated. I think she's infinitely hotter and could have landed any guy. But I know these are silly comments really, it's their relationship. They did very well to keep it under wraps and I kind of like that. Some people really use their kids and pregnancies to rake in more cash and attention.

I think he's astonishingly overrated looks wise and the internet's collective boner for him is inexplicable. I mean the guy puts on a fake New York accent in everything he does, whether it be a movie or life, I assume so that people take him more seriously. She's the hot one in their relationship by far.

That being said, congratulations to them! The fact they've managed to keep this under wraps is commendable.

Hey girl, indeed! Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling welcomed a baby girl on Friday, Sept. 12, multiple sources confirm exclusively to Us Weekly.

Us confirmed in July that Mendes, 40, and Gosling, 33, were expecting a baby together. At the time, rumors swirled that the Urban Legends actress was already seven months along.

Earlier this year, Mendes laughed off pregnancy rumors during an appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. "It's so ridiculous," she said back in February. "It all started because I didn't want to go through the scanners at the airport. You know those X-ray scanners, which are really creepy? They basically see you naked, right? And not only that, but there's a radiation aspect to it, so I always opt out."

Mendes kept a low profile during her pregnancy, making her last red carpet appearance at a Violet Grey dinner honoring the late Elizabeth Taylor in L.A. on Feb. 26. After news broke, she went to considerable lengths to cover up her baby bump with several pieces of clothing and a large bag while leaving a parking structure in L.A. on June 10. Gosling, meanwhile, quietly stepped out to pump his own gas in L.A. on Aug. 5.

Gosling doted on Mendes as the couple prepared for their newborn's arrival. "Ryan goes out and gets the groceries. [Eva's] been wanting pasta, and he's cooking her meals," a source previously told Us. "Ryan has already stepped into the role of caring father-to-be."

Mendes and Gosling first began dating in fall 2011 after costarring in The Place Beyond the Pines. That same year, Gosling told UK newspaper The Times that he would "make movies until I make babies."

U Weekly

There Is such thing as having privacy in Hollywood. Congrats to them :smile: I bet she is absolutely beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->