S/S 2019 Open Discussion Thread

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
So... NYFW is about to be in full swing soon, which shows are you looking forward to most?

Tom Ford is tonight! :boxer:

At NYFW, the usual ones!
Tom, Marc, Raf, Monse...etc. Rodarte and Proenza after their Parisian flops...

But really Tom and Marc because somehow their two collections for the FW season really started that heavy 80’s trend.

Yesss. My body is ready for some high fashion hydration :stuart:

Im looking forward for MFW and PFW, as usual, but NY and London still have exciting/good/must see highlights. Tom, Marc, DvF, JWA... However my MUST SEE of the season would be: Celine, Burberry, LOEWE, Jacquemus, Givenchy, Sacai, MaxMara, Fendi, Valentino, Armani and Krizia.

I really wish Vogue.com would take the extra time and upload photos in correct order....

I actually expected to be disappointed with NY based on the embarrasingly tepid autumn collection, but I've been pleasantly surprised with some so far! Yes, it's more commercial than ever, but I think most, even the worst ones, actually tried this time around. Looking forward to the rest.

So no Alexander Wang this season? I though it was going to be a part two for his show from june.

sankuanz' marriage of ancient armor into street wear is pretty ravishing. breathing out a new approach to the beyond boring normcore.

No Krizia this season?
I was wondering the same. I guess not.
I found D'Anna IG and there is no info there and I read a interview of him in the beginning of the year saying that the online store would be available in march, but there is no sign of it. Im afraid that something went wrong, what is a pity, there so much potential in this brand with this guy in charge.

OMG! Not a single memorable collection this season. It's been like this for a while now, but this season just takes the cake.

We're into Paris, and I must say it looks to me like NY and London will get my vote this season. American designers in particular tackled summer with the same gusto which Europe tackles autumn, and I do think in general they came up smiling. I'm sure many will find it too commercial, but one cannot deny that the colours, cuts and overall energy of the collections really came through. It's an interesting twist to fashion in general. Maybe these two markets are tired of being pigeonholed as 'too creative, avant garde or outlandish' and instead hope to take on a more accessible and wearable approach.

Loving his stories too! Although I disagree in more than one occasion (like the Celine trainwreck).

As always, I'm still watching PFW because of the "same old" - Ann, Yohji, Rick - and brands like Loewe that seem to respect their buyers.

I'm not sure what to think of designers copying another house's DNA: Balmain copying Mugler, Celine copying every other house where Hedi has been before... Imagine if you saw a Chanel collection of old Montana worship?

Also, can we talk about the Yohji casting and how beautiful it was to see those last girls walking? I almost cried. Such class, so much respect.

Last day tomorrow and it's finally #ChanelTuesday! :woot:

There's a video preview on Chanel's website which uses the hashtag #ChanelByTheSea... cannot wait to see what Karl's done with both the set and the collection now.

That was not a really memorable month in terms of design (it hasn't been in a while I know...), but what this season show us was how much fashion changed. Its a totally different landscape. There is no more Celine. Dior is dead. JWA is taking over. The magic of Gucci and Balenciaga is starting to fade. NYFW is complete irrelevant. London is back on the map... So many things that for me is more clear now then before.

Does anyone know what happened to Carven? Not that I was waiting for that show because it would have been a disaster, but still it's kind of weird...

What happened to Atelier Versace?

What happened to Atelier Versace?
Appointments only at the 4 Seasons usually from the last day of Couture week between the "Haute Joaillerie" presentations.
Quite clever move actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->