Saint Laurent F/W 2018.19 : Kate Moss by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

This is the future of Kate Moss campaigns! Loads of effects and zoom out as far as possible to avoid her face. If you must go for a close-up, Photoshop it to hell and back.

I think the image is very fresh and interesting, at least a bit of a break from endless b&w campaigns which we've seen for years now!

If you go and take a look at this first shot really quickly youy would have mistaken Kate for Anna Ewers.

This is very Balmain by I&V and Emmanuelle Alt...

This is the future of Kate Moss campaigns! Loads of effects and zoom out as far as possible to avoid her face. If you must go for a close-up, Photoshop it to hell and back.

I think the image is very fresh and interesting, at least a bit of a break from endless b&w campaigns which we've seen for years now!

I agree. I think Kate Moss is a real "icon" ( word I hate and rarely use but it's appropriate for her) and she used to be my favourite, but she can't model at all on the same terms she use to, i think it cheapens her image all this theatrics to hide the fact that she's not young anymore.

Said that i love the campaign, Kate Moss for me is indeed the only thing that spoils it a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone is interested the music is from Henri-Georges Clouzot's 'L'Enfer'.

I agree. I think Kate Moss is a real "icon" ( word I hate and rarely use but it's appropriate for her) and she used to be my favourite, but she can't model at all on the same terms she use to, i think it cheapens her image all this theatrics to hide the fact that she's not young anymore.

Said that i love it the campaign, Kate Moss for me is indeed the only thing that spoils it a bit.

Oh I do too! It's really quite vibrant for YSL.

Thanks for the music credit, Dontbeadrag! :flower:

I love it, can't even pretend not to. However, a beach for a F/W campaign?

^^
Why not, she is wearing a sexy minidress...

I love it, can't even pretend not to. However, a beach for a F/W campaign?

I'm so confused with Saint Laurent's campaigns that I no longer know what's what. You do have a point though, it is very summery for autumn.

Gorgeous, absolutely love this, takes me back to I&V's Vogue Paris editorial with Sasha Pivovarova from the March 2008 issue (also the one with Kate from W Magazine's February 2006 issue). I am loving the stark contrast between the natural beach setting and the heavy, glitzy minidress here.

I love Kate but I think other models could've done this much better.

This screams Vogue Paris, and I'm a sucker for these kinds of beach editorials especially the ones by I&V

After looking at it many times, i must admit that i love it.
I may not be a fan of Kate lately as i was before but she is really in-control and she is really selling that effortless sensuality that i think is sometimes missing in Saint Laurent campaigns.

I think it helps that she is really in her element with the photographers, the brand and the designs.

What is maybe annoying these days with the supermodels is how formulatic their work seems. She has done Saint Laurent campaigns many times and almost under every designer that has been there but it always felt fresh because she was "modelling".
This is Kate being Kate, like Naomi who is always doing the same Pantene/Fierce woman thing.

the photo has nice colours but the video has terrible effects

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"